“Revolutionary War Tour - Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Patriot Tours

Alexander Hamilton Walking Tour
Ranked #135 of 596 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Patriot Tours conducts Revolutionary War and Civil War Era walking tours of Lower Manhattan. We'll take you through the oldest parts of New York City and imagine it as it once was. You'll have a fantastically entertaining time while learning about the city's impressive history!
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Revolutionary War Tour - Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I took the Revolutionary War tour on Tuesday, 16 July - a brutally hot day in Manhattan. All we can say is that we were totally enchanted by Karens ability to weave a story and work in facts along the way. She was excellent. She was also very considerate in that she stopped several times along the walk and took advantage of the shade. The 2.5 hours flew. We have taken many walking tours in European cities and this was our first in NYC, it won't be our last. Karen is extremely well versed in the topic and times and has an ability to create a timeline that pulls every thing together!!

Visited July 2013

Buffalo, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“AMAZING EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband my two kids and I took the Revolutionary War tour during our stay in NYC. Our guide was extremely knowledgable and a very talented guide. I could not believe the wealth of knowledge she shared with us! Our family is huge history buffs and we learned so much during this tour.

Visited July 2013
New York
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Revolutionary War Tour - HIGHLY recommend it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

There were four of us in our group, all born and raised in NYC. It was amazing how much we did not know about the history of lower Manhattan. We took the Revolutionary War tour with Karen and she was fantastic! No idea how she keeps all of the information straight in her head, but she was full of facts and many anecdotes. Even though there really isn't much left to actually see, the tour was extremely interesting. We all thoroughly enjoyed it and would highly recommend it. Karen keeps the groups small ( we were about a dozen), so it is very easy to hear her and have dialog with her. (There were no children in our group so can't say for sure, but it may be a little boring for little ones since there isn't very much to see.)

Visited June 2013
Northern California
“Patriot Tours does a fabulous job”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I took their Revolutionary War tour recently. I totally agree with the other reviewers - Karen is passionate, knowledgeable, and delightful. I'll definitely take their other tours when I return to New York City.

Visited May 2013
Westchester County, NY
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great gift”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

As a Christmas gift my son signed us up for this tour. Knowing my interest in NYC history and our Founding Fathers this was a TERRIFIC gift.

Karen had incredible knowledge, passion and presentation. No question went unanswered.

What a great way to learn about our nation's history

Visited January 2013