“Great Hotel at a good price”
Review of Park South Hotel

Park South Hotel
Ranked #58 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 4, 2009

We just got back from NYC and we stayed at the Park South for 3 nights. The room was very clean, the bedding was comfortable and good quality and you get a free breakfast every morning. The breakfast was good that included pastries, bagels, bread, fresh fruit, cereals, etc. It was always great to start the day with a light breakfast. The check in was good and prompt. I would recommend though to pack some bottled water and soft drinks as when we went to the nearby store (some pharmacy) it was not too cheap. I also went to restaraunt.com and found that you could purchase $25 gift certificates for their restaurant "Black Duck" at a fraction of the price...look for promotions. The black duck was my favorite hangout at the end of each day. They would have their fire place on each night and I would sit in their comfy chair with my feet up on the ottoman drinking a glass of wine. It was superb to be able to prop your tired feet up at the end of the day!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone. This isnt a 5 star hotel, but a quaint small hotel in a good location. It was easy to get to Manhattan as the subway is literally on the street corner.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed August 21, 2009

The hotel is well located and comfortable, but thestandard rooms are on the small side.
However, I amended my booking to arrive earlier than planned, sent 3 emails well prior to the cancellation period stipulated to confirm that my original booking had been cancelled, phoned to confirm same, and yet then they charged me a no show fee !!!
Now they are refusing to refund the no show fee, saying they have no record of a cancellation despite my providing evidence of a reply from them to one of my emails requesting confirmation of the cancellation !!!
Dealing with Park South over this matter is akin to dealing with a bureaucracy in 1950's Soviet Russia, they either do not reply tp phone calls/emails or give the most inane reasons for their actions. My experience with entities that are reluctant to refund legitimate monies claimed is that they are probably about to go broke.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank Ivanhoes
Reviewed August 6, 2009

We had a Superior Queen room, which was a good size. Free internet. Wonderful breakfast is included and served until 11am. The Black Duck Restaurant is attached to the hotel....great for sitting outside and people-watching. You can catch the subway on the corner.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan1954
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I used to live in NYC and have come back and stayed in many hotels. Liked this one a lot more than more expensive ones. We got a good deal via Quikbook.com, and liked this place a lot. It is in Murray Hill which is close to both the subway, and a lot of neighborhoods/attractions within walking distance. It was very clean, friendly, and the room was quiet. The hallways on our floor had lots of windows which was a hotel first for me. The bedding was nice, and the a/c worked very well. The free buffet breakfast was varied and great. We spent $140 for our room and were really happy. We will return. Lots and lots of tourists from all over in the lobby. The bar/restaurant looked nice too. What we noticed about the rooms was that they were not classic hotel tacky (ugly polyester bedspreads, bad art, faux antique fixtures) but rather more simple, and apartment-like.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LDFBoston
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Nice convenient location for exploration. A N/S bound metro was nearby, and we often walked to an fro. Especially the walk sout through Gramercy to The Village is very nice. It was also very quiet for NYC.

Our deluxe room was fairly big for NYC and the bathroom had a lowrise tub. Plenty of space for luggage without making an obstacle course og ones room.

It also has a good and plentiful breakfast in the attached restaurant.

All in all a great place to retreat end reload.

And it actually resembles the photos :)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2009

OK, so they are not joking when they saw rooms are small dont take to much luggage with you, it may not all fit, but the location was great, close to Empire State Building. Room and bathroom was clean and breakfast was great, very abundant and open till 11am so if you happen to sleep in there you may still get some. Internet was free, and quite fast. We got a great deal on expedia and was not expecting anything flash, but we were more than happy especially since most of the time your out exploring the City.
I would definately return.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2009

I have stayed at the Park South a couple times now for business and all and all I like it. The location, for my needs, is perfect. I also like the fact that it's a smaller boutique hotel, the WiFi always works and the staff is really friendly. They have a great bar/bistro with a good wine selection and some some comfy chairs and tables that are open air to the street, weather permitting. In the morning a European breakfast buffet (included) is set up in the bar/bistro area and this is another thing I like. After traveling, the last thing I want to do is stop at another place - even for a coffee. I can just go downstairs, have an enjoyable breakfast and read the paper or watch the news before heading off to my meetings.

I received a complimentary upgrade this time which was terrific. However, I will say I noticed my room had some wear and tear on it - a chair really needed to be reupholstered and there were some mold spots on the bathroom ceiling. Other than that though, it was very clean and charming and the bed was extremely comfortable. I would definitely stay here again for business.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business