“Good location, no complaints” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park South Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Park South Hotel
Ranked #52 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Good location, no complaints”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

My fiancee and I stayed here for 8 nights in July 2013 and we really enjoyed our time at the hotel.

From reading reviews, I was concerned at the size of the room however it was absolutely fine. A good-sized double bed with still some space to spare.

The breakfast buffet on the ground floor offers a good selection.

Location-wise, it is just a few minutes walk from 5th Avenue and the Empire State Building so was ideal.

Not sure if we'll go back to NYC, pretty much did everything, however no reason why we wouldn't use this hotel if we did.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stuart I
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you so for remembering us and taking the time to post your review, it’s very much appreciated. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay although I hope you visit with us again soon as we have refurbished almost all of our guest rooms and just recently opened our NEW rooftop bar. If you do decide to visit NYC again, please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally. Thank you again.

Kind regards,
Christiaan Aldoy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Hungarian first
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

Lovely stay for our honeymoon (thanks for the wine ;)
Fab location, lovely staff, clean and tidy :)
Helped us with directions, car to airport, recommendations of where to eat.
Right next to a subway :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
First and foremost, congratulations to you both. I’m pleased we were able to play a small part in your special celebration. I hope to see you both back again soon on your next anniversary if not sooner.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

We went to New York to see our grandson in a concert. We weren't sure where to stay and found Park South and decided to try it. What a great place to stay. The staff were so nice. We arrived by train and walked to the hotel and they were gracious enough to let us in our room early. A lot of the kids were staying there so it was busy but it felt so comfortable. We definitely will return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. It must have been very exciting to see your grandson in concert; I can only imagine how proud you must be. I’m pleased our team was able to check you in early to get you settled. I do hope we get the opportunity to host you again at his next concert. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Romford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed at the Park South hotel in NYC for 6 nights at the end of April. Arrival and the first night was not perfect but it just got better from there.

My wife and I arrived at around 2.30pm but were not allowed to check into our room until 3.00pm. This was not great as we were both quite tired after spending the previous 3 hours in NY traffic trying to get to the hotel. We were then given room 708, which backs onto the lifts. Not a great room, as you can hear the binging of the lifts for most of the night. After the first night though, we asked for a different room and was given 711. A much better room. We were asked to pack our bags and leave them in the room and they would move us to our new room.

The staff were excellent especially the guys that work on the door. They were all full of information about the city and how to get around. Their advice for travel was always to use the subway, never a taxi. The traffic on each of the Avenues was stupid.

We did not book breakfast but it was complimentary. There was tea/coffee, fruit juice, cereal, bagels, croissants, bread and fruit available for all guests every morning of our stay. Even at 4.00am on the morning of our departure.

The hotel is in a great location, about 2 minutes walk from 28th Street subway station on the Green 6 Line. Halfway between Central Park and Brooklyn Bridge.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room that ends with 08, it backs onto the lifts.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John H
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback and the nice comments regarding the team. I’m sorry that you were made to wait further upon arrival and hope we did not inconvenience you greatly. We always try to accommodate early arrivals but I’m certain this was likely a busier day with some challenges. I’m pleased you found our team to be helpful and the remainder of your stay more enjoyable. I hope to welcome you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally on your next visit so I can personally see to any special needs like an early arrival and a complimentary upgrade. Thank you again.

Warm regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

This was my first time staying at Park South and I wouldn't hesitate to rebook! It comes highly recommended! Such a fantastic hotel offering brilliant service and facilities.

The staff were super friendly and warmly welcomed us to the hotel. The second morning we asked about the possibility of a room move (our operator had booked one double instead of a twin) and the hotel quickly and without any issue upgraded us to a lovely room - even moving our bags for us! The great service didn't stop there! The breakfast service was outstanding, the beds were lovely and comfortable and all of the required facilities and amenities were available or accessible on request.

I was particularly impressed by the team's recommendations - on our first night we asked if the receptionist had any good recommendations for a steakhouse and were sent in the direction of an outstanding restaurant just a few blocks away. So impressed, we continued to ask for restaurant and bar recommendations over the next two nights and the team exceeded our expectations every time! The second night we spent at a local Italian (who also offered 15% off to hotel guests) and the third night a little local sushi restaurant. Every recommendation given was of stella quality! I'll definitely be asking for more recommendations next time I visit!

My only disappointment was that we were slightly too early to enjoy the many refurbishments currently taking place, including restaurant and rooftop bar!

Park South is a lovely little boutique hotel offering exceptional service and in a fabulous location - super close to the subway and in walking distance of many of the big tourist attractions. I'd be happy to recommend the hotel to friends and will definitely be making another visit soon (if not soon enough!).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank BekiMcv
Thank you for the thorough and kind review, we truly appreciate it. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay and our team. It’s unfortunate that you missed out on Roof at Park South I know you would have been pleasantly surprised. It’s more reason for you to come back and visit with us again soon. Please feel free to reach out to me directly on your next visit so I can assist with your accommodations. Thanks again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed a here 4 times since October. Have watched the renovations and the difference between October and now is noght and day. Staff always wonderful. Helpful. Polite. Rooms remain small - but updates are great. They were really needed and have made this a true boutique hotel I would come back to. I have nothing negative to say!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Atoughcustomer2012
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
This is wonderful feedback for us, thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We still have much planned with regards to the ongoing refurbishment including the launch of our new rooftop bar later this month. The lobby and other public areas are on the agenda next as well as additional food and beverage outlets. I hope you will do me the honor of reaching out to me on your next visit. I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you in person and share more about the exciting changes taking place. Thank you again.

Warm regards,
Nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

A fantastic hotel in New York room.
The check in was fast and efficient. The staff are friendly and helpful. We had two double double rooms on the 6th floor. I believe newly refurbished and they were lovely. The bathroom was modern and spacious. The beds were lovely and comfy, I would of really liked to take the chandelier home also :). We were travelling with an age range from 18 to 73 and the hotel is ideal for all. Great complimentary breakfast. A subway two minutes walk away, which goes either up or down town.
The only thing I would say and it literally is the only negative is the restaurant was shut during our visit and we had planned ahead and were hoping to enjoy a meal and some jazz there. So a little disappointed as it would of been ideal for the youngest and oldest of our party.
However we did use your bar and the bar guy was great, so credit where due.
All in all a lovely hotel, great staff, great location well worth a visit I would definitely recommend. Ps. I think my room was the best ever 616 :)

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the wonderful review, we truly appreciate your time and effort. I have to say the center light piece is my favorite new feature as well. I’m very pleased you were happy with your accommodations and the refurbishment. We are just about finished with our guest rooms and currently in the process of launching our new rooftop bar. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need any assistance with your next visit. Thank you again.