“Perfect location and friendly staff”
Review of Park South Hotel

Park South Hotel
Ranked #58 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My third visit to the Park South, and it will not be the last. Great helpful, friendly staff. Clean rooms, convenient location close to Union Square, subway, Empire State Bldg., and shopping. My daughter's first visit to NYC, and the staff at the Park South helped make it special.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to have better views. Never a noise problem in this hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Louisianalass
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you so much visiting with us again and for the kind review, we truly appreciate it. I’m so pleased our team was able to make it a memorable trip for you and your daughter. You’ll have to come back and join us again this summer so you and your daughter can enjoy the city views from our new rooftop bar/lounge. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if I can be of any assistance on your next trip. Thank you again.

Very Warm Regards,

There are newer reviews for Park South Hotel

Reviewed February 27, 2014

My husband I went to New York on our honeymoon in March 2013 (PS Sorry its taken me a while to do this review) . We stayed for 11 nights. Upon arrival at 11.30pm after 24 hours of traveling, they immediately told us we'd been upgraded to a bigger room and the trip got better from there. When we go to out room, there was a letter and a complimentary bottle of wine from the GM of the hotel to make contact if we required anything.
Located on the same block as a train station (28th St) it was only a 5 block walk to the Empire State Building and beyond.
The breakfasts were great, toast, croissants, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, with cheese and cold meats. The hotel bar stocked some great beer, which we always grabbed on our way back up to our room, from a night out, although we didn't get a chance to eat at the hotl restaurant, it always looked busy on our way past which was a good sign!
The service was excellent, and the door men all through out our stay took the time to chat to us about our wedding and being from Melbourne.
Nearly 12 months on and we have some fabulous memories of our time at the Park South Hotel, and wouldn't hesitate on stayig there again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Happy anniversary! I honestly don’t think the time frame makes any difference, only that you were kind and gracious enough to share your experience with us. Let me just say we are honored that you chose the Park South Hotel as your honeymoon destination. I’m very pleased we were able to play a small part in your wonderful experience. I hope you will visit with us again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally on your next planned visit. I look forward to welcoming you both back.

Very Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed for an overnight last year and again last night. All the staff is pleasant and helpful. We had a refurbished room on the 8th floor with views of Chrysler Building!
Hotel is a few steps from subway. Very convenient.
The continental breakfast has the best bagels, along with yogurt, fruit, juice, coffee, etc.

Room Tip: No kids activities that I am aware of; no pool; there is a fitness center which I did not use.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for posting your review and for your continued patronage. I’m pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay once again. You must have stayed in one of our newly refurbished executive rooms, they have the best views. I hope we get another opportunity to welcome you back soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally for assistance with your arrangements. Thank you again and I look forward to meeting you in person next time.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Really good value for money (although I did pay with flights which may have made it cheaper). As mentioned previously rooms were small but considering all I wanted to do was get out there and explore - it wasn't much of an issues. I was concerned that I would end up with a non-refurbished room but in the end got a recently refurbished one.

Breakfast available every morning consisting of tea, coffee, cereals, juice, yoghurt, bagels, hams and cheeses, pastries, boiled eggs, bread, toast.

Shame about the lack of tea/coffee making facilities in the room which I am used to in the UK in every hotel (even budget ones).

Good location, easy to the shops of 5th avenue, empire state building, even Rockefeller center and times square depending on you ability. The subways station on the 6 train is barely 2 minutes walk away which was extremely useful.

Staff were very friendly, accommodating and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay. I’m also glad you got the opportunity to experience one of our newly refurbished rooms. We are very close to completing all of the guest rooms at this stage. I do apologize about the lack of a coffee maker in your room and hope this was not too great of an inconvenience. With the refurbishment efforts we are still in a transitional phase with some of our new amenities but we will soon offer Keurig coffee makers in the guest rooms. I hope we get the opportunity to host you again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance with your arrangements. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Just came back from 5 nights stay at the park south hotel, after reading some reviews I was a bit apprehensive about arriving here. Due to delays to the flight we arrived just after midnight and were greeted with a friendly welcome and a quick check in allowing us to go straight to our room. The room we had was 813 which is one of the newly refurbished rooms. The room was small but all we needed it for, it had a lovely light fixture, a decent t.v a clean bathroom and a very comfortable bed with down like pillows, had a great nights sleep. The chocolate on the pillow was definitely a nice touch. The continental breakfast was nice with croissants bagels meat and cheese. Checkout was quick and easy and the hotel looked after our luggage and arranged a transfer back to the airport. The two guys that sorted these out I think Jason and Junior were very polite and went out of their way to help us.
Would definitely stay here again if I returned to New York, the location was fantastic not too close but near enough to walk to the Empire State within 5 minutes and a subway entrance at the end of the road. The view was the only downside as the room window backed right onto another building was a bit worried people in the other building could see into the room so kept the blinds down.

Lovely hotel and friendly staff, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the informative and thorough review as well as for the endorsement, we truly appreciate it. I’m pleased your initial apprehensiveness was more at ease after your arrival and that you found both our team and your accommodations satisfactory. The room refurbishments are close to completion and we will begin work on the corridors as well as the lobby soon. We have received very positive reviews regarding the new furnishings it’s a very exciting time for us all. I hope you will join us again soon; it would be great to hear your continued feedback on our progress. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of any service or assistance with your accommodations. Thank you again.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We spent 5 nights at the Park South Hotel, the service is fantastic, the location is amazing, the breakfast buffet helped get us through the day. If we ever return to NYC, we will definitely stay here again. We were in NYC during a real cold snap and the city virtually shut down. As tourists, we wanted to make the most of our time, and this hotel is within walking distance of the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden and the Flatiron Building. Plus the subway is just at the corner. Perfect location.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

That was a nice and lengthy stay. Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review, I’m pleased you enjoyed your time with us. I do wish the weather conditions were not as extreme but this has been a hard season for NYC and our wonderful tourists. I hope you will reach out to me personally when arranging your return visit to NYC. Thanks again and stay warm.

Very Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is our go to hotel when visiting NYC. Location to 6 line is a skip away, very central to many popular locations around NYC. The updated room is very modern, clean and comfortable. We love the complimentary continental breakfast and the room rate can't be beat for all that they offer. The check in/out process is quick and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we certainly appreciate it. I’m very pleased you enjoyed your stay and that we are your “go to hotel” in NYC. We have a number of great enhancements planned this year including our new rooftop bar scheduled to open this coming spring. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for any assistance. Thanks again.

Kind Regards,