“Good find”
Review of Park South Hotel

Park South Hotel
Ranked #49 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Really good value for money (although I did pay with flights which may have made it cheaper). As mentioned previously rooms were small but considering all I wanted to do was get out there and explore - it wasn't much of an issues. I was concerned that I would end up with a non-refurbished room but in the end got a recently refurbished one.

Breakfast available every morning consisting of tea, coffee, cereals, juice, yoghurt, bagels, hams and cheeses, pastries, boiled eggs, bread, toast.

Shame about the lack of tea/coffee making facilities in the room which I am used to in the UK in every hotel (even budget ones).

Good location, easy to the shops of 5th avenue, empire state building, even Rockefeller center and times square depending on you ability. The subways station on the 6 train is barely 2 minutes walk away which was extremely useful.

Staff were very friendly, accommodating and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay. I’m also glad you got the opportunity to experience one of our newly refurbished rooms. We are very close to completing all of the guest rooms at this stage. I do apologize about the lack of a coffee maker in your room and hope this was not too great of an inconvenience. With the refurbishment efforts we are still in a transitional phase with some of our new amenities but we will soon offer Keurig coffee makers in the guest rooms. I hope we get the opportunity to host you again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance with your arrangements. Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Christiaan Aldoy

Write a ReviewReviews (2,526)

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Just came back from 5 nights stay at the park south hotel, after reading some reviews I was a bit apprehensive about arriving here. Due to delays to the flight we arrived just after midnight and were greeted with a friendly welcome and a quick check in allowing us to go straight to our room. The room we had was 813 which is one of the newly refurbished rooms. The room was small but all we needed it for, it had a lovely light fixture, a decent t.v a clean bathroom and a very comfortable bed with down like pillows, had a great nights sleep. The chocolate on the pillow was definitely a nice touch. The continental breakfast was nice with croissants bagels meat and cheese. Checkout was quick and easy and the hotel looked after our luggage and arranged a transfer back to the airport. The two guys that sorted these out I think Jason and Junior were very polite and went out of their way to help us.
Would definitely stay here again if I returned to New York, the location was fantastic not too close but near enough to walk to the Empire State within 5 minutes and a subway entrance at the end of the road. The view was the only downside as the room window backed right onto another building was a bit worried people in the other building could see into the room so kept the blinds down.

Lovely hotel and friendly staff, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the informative and thorough review as well as for the endorsement, we truly appreciate it. I’m pleased your initial apprehensiveness was more at ease after your arrival and that you found both our team and your accommodations satisfactory. The room refurbishments are close to completion and we will begin work on the corridors as well as the lobby soon. We have received very positive reviews regarding the new furnishings it’s a very exciting time for us all. I hope you will join us again soon; it would be great to hear your continued feedback on our progress. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of any service or assistance with your accommodations. Thank you again.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We spent 5 nights at the Park South Hotel, the service is fantastic, the location is amazing, the breakfast buffet helped get us through the day. If we ever return to NYC, we will definitely stay here again. We were in NYC during a real cold snap and the city virtually shut down. As tourists, we wanted to make the most of our time, and this hotel is within walking distance of the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden and the Flatiron Building. Plus the subway is just at the corner. Perfect location.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

That was a nice and lengthy stay. Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review, I’m pleased you enjoyed your time with us. I do wish the weather conditions were not as extreme but this has been a hard season for NYC and our wonderful tourists. I hope you will reach out to me personally when arranging your return visit to NYC. Thanks again and stay warm.

Very Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is our go to hotel when visiting NYC. Location to 6 line is a skip away, very central to many popular locations around NYC. The updated room is very modern, clean and comfortable. We love the complimentary continental breakfast and the room rate can't be beat for all that they offer. The check in/out process is quick and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we certainly appreciate it. I’m very pleased you enjoyed your stay and that we are your “go to hotel” in NYC. We have a number of great enhancements planned this year including our new rooftop bar scheduled to open this coming spring. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for any assistance. Thanks again.

Kind Regards,
Christiaan

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This hotel is fantastic! This was our first visit to New York and we found the hotel perfect as a base camp while we were there. The hotel is near a subway station, and within walking distance of the Empire State Building. The rooms are modern and spacious, with large windows and good heating, the bathroom was slightly small, but perfectly adequate. The room was cleaned and the bed made every day as well as the toiletries being replenished. There was also a safe in the room which we made use of. The breakfast that was included in our stay was also good, and included cereals, pastries, bread, bagels, and yoghurts. As well as hot drinks and juices. It was ideal to set us up for the day ahead. The reception staff were most helpful with any inquires we had both about the hotel and the city; nothing was too much trouble. The 2 doorman were all most helpful and polite throughout the trip not matter what time of day. Overall we had a Fantastic stay at this hotel and Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a good view of the city.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for writing about your recent stay, we truly appreciate it. We are honored that you chose the Park South for your first visit to NYC and very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I hope we get the opportunity to host you again soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally if I can be of any assistance.

Very Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 19, 2014

The hotel and rooms were clean, the staff were nice and friendly, it's in a pretty good location, and definitely worth the money.
Before I came to this hotel I had a reservation with a different hotel in the area and after seeing the hotel and room I ran away and luckily found this one.
I would come back any time.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us and for the great review, we certainly appreciate it. We have a great deal of enhancements planned for this year so I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance you’re your accommodations. Thanks again.

Very Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Spent 1 night here first week of February
Had book a newly refurbished executive room and was not disappointed. The furnishings were of beautiful quality and the new mattress upgrade was super comfortable. The new rain shower is wonderful although as others have mentioned , water seems to spill out all over the entire bathroom tiled floor. The hotel is in process of upgrades on most floors and the elevator lifts seemed quite slow with only one actually working.
I have stayed at this hotel many times and the location can not be beat and the staff are quite attentive. My only complaint is that there is not room service and no coffee maker in the room for those of us who require their java first thing in the morning. The complimentary breakfast is a lovely touch and continues to improve with a great selection of cereal, breads, meats and cheeses as well as fresh fruit and yogurt. Would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back as the facing street has much noise and traffic
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you for the thorough and kind review, we truly appreciate it. I’m pleased to learn that you approve of our new furnishings and upgrades. The refurbishment is still work in progress although I’m happy to report that soon we will be adding Keurig coffee makers in the guest rooms as well as other amenities and technological enhancements. I look forward to welcoming you back and to your continued feedback. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if I can assist with your next accommodations.

Warm Regards,