“Fantastic location & superb service!”
Review of Park South Hotel

Park South Hotel
Ranked #47 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Singapore
“Fantastic location & superb service!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Value for money, great location and the staff are all very friendly & helpful. From the doorman to front desk to restaurant to room cleaner. Loved it! It was my first ever visit to New York City so I just wanted a convenient place to stay in a safe area with a comfortable bed since I'll be out from morning till night. But coming back to Park South Hotel for a week really felt like home, what a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank IreneT3
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you so much for the great and enthusiastic feedback, we are always happy to hear when our guests are pleased. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon for a second visit. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any service.

Christiaan Aldoy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 16, 2013

A gem in Murray Hill! The first thing you experience here is the gracious hospitality at the door and front desk. These days, a lot of places exercise the right things to say, but it often comes across as scripted as a telephone support line.
The folks here actually talk to you, listen to what you say, and respond helpfully. They don't make you feel like you kept them from something else. (Now I notice that some others reviewers have noted the exceptional staff. The folks here know how to do hospitality).
The location is fine, just a block from the subway entrance. The complementary breakfast is just what you need to start the morning, and the space where the breakfast is held is comfortable and cozy.
The small lobby has the same warm feeling, and in any case the lobby is just the place you breeze through anyway.
Altogether a fine place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the kind and articulate feedback, I know the team will be very pleased when I share your comments with them. You may have noticed signage throughout the hotel during your stay regarding our ongoing refurbishment. We hope to actually start work in the lobby this January and to launch our NEW rooftop bar in the spring of 2014. I hope to hear more of your feedback in the months ahead. Please do not hesitate to call on me if I can be of any assistance. Thank you again.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed in Manhattan for a few days for a mini break and Park South was perfect for us. Excellent location, nice rooms, clean, well maintained, friendly and helpful staff and a reasonable price. We would definitely stay there again and would recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful feedback. I’m very happy you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the staff and your accommodations. Please do not hesitate to contact me on for your next visit or to pass along my contact information on any referrals. Thanks again.

Kind Regards,
Powell, Ohio
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Very close to public transportation.Heaven for lovers of Ethnic food because of its proximity.Complementary full breakfast is a major bonus as you dont have to leave the hotel for a cup of coffee.Very friendly and attentive bar service.We always stay at this place!

Room Tip: avoid rooms near elevator
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind feedback, always a pleasure to hear from our returning guests. I’m very pleased everything went well during your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me directly for your next trip.

Jerusalem
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The staff of the hotel were exceptional. Our room was large and comfortable. The location is easy in order to get around the City. Breakfasts were amazing!! We needed to replace the refrigerator in the room and it was taken care of without any problem. Hopefully the lobby will be spruced up and then I'd gladly give the hotel the rating of Excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great review, I will be certain to share it with the team. I’ll have that new lobby for you early next year as we continue with the refurbishment of all our public areas. Please feel free to reach out to me directly for your next visit. Thanks again.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We were in town to drop off our daughter to start classes at NYU. The Park South is just down from a subway stop, making it convenient to get around. It was also an easy walk to the University and our daughter's dorm, if you'd prefer to walk. Breakfast is included and was quite nice. The food was fresh and plentiful. The room was charming and more than adequate for our needs. Everything was clean and neat. The employees were very friendly and helpful. In fact, the information and photos on the web site accurately portray what you actually experience, which was nice for a change. Many hotels often do not live up to their marketing hype. Will likely use this hotel as a base for future trips to New York.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AnnieLaurieLie
Thank you for making the time to post your wonderful feedback. My congratulations to you and your daughter for selecting NYU, it’s a great University. I’m very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we get the opportunity to host you once again on your next visit. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally for your accommodations. Thanks again.

Very Warm Regards,
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Got a great travelzoo deal and stayed here in August 2013. The hotel lobby was warm and inviting, self parking was just a few blocks away and cheap at $19 per night. Our room wasn't huge, but I didn't expect that given the location, minutes away from the ESB. The bathroom was modern and spotless and the king sized bed was perfect. We had a view of the street below, but did not find it noisy. Highly recommend staying here, especially if you can get a deal that brings the rate down a bit. Oh, and the breakfast area was crowded, but the bagels made up for it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback. I’m pleased you were able to get a great deal for your stay. I hope we get the opportunity to have you with us again. Please feel free to reach out to me directly on your next visit.

Kind Regards,