“Great Location -- wjth free breakfast and good restaurant!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park South Hotel

Park South Hotel
Ranked #53 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Souderton, Pennsylvania
“Great Location -- wjth free breakfast and good restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions -- it never disappoints. The rooms are fine -- not so big but efficiently planned. The continental breakfast has numerous choices, and the restaurant is open late enough to enjoy a post-theater drink. With a subway stop a half block away and the ever-present bowl of mini-chocolate bars at the check-in counter, this is a great spot.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
It’s always nice to hear from our returning guests, thank you for the wonderful feedback. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to meet you in person on your next visit. I hope you will look me up or send me a note. Thanks again.

Very Warm Regards,
Christiaan Aldoy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Hungarian first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

It was our first trip to NY, but hotel was easy to locate. It's steps away from the subway station. It is centrally located with easy access to downtown or uptown towards central park. Room was clean and bed was very comfortable. Water pressure was very good. Every day when the room was made up, the staff would leave some chocolates for us. That was a very nice gesture. There was some renovation works going on at the hotel but we were not affected (our room was on the 5th floor) Breakfast was the same throughout our 7 days stay, but the spread was adequate and we liked it. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. We especially appreciate their willingness to accomodate our request for slight extension of check out time, as our flight back home was at night.

We had a great 1-week stay and would plan to stay at this hotel if we visit NY again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. It sounds like you had a lengthy stay with us. I’m very pleased to hear you enjoyed all our amenities and services as well as the staff. It is true, we are under a property refurbishment at the moment which is mainly focused on our guest rooms but will ultimately encompass the entire property. We are looking forward to the launch of our NEW rooftop bar and other food and beverage outlets soon. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly on your next visit.

Warm Regards,
Coventry, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was attracted by the word 'boutique' in the hotel description. I understand this to mean smart,chic & clean. This was not the case. I had to ask Reception to change our room as the carpet seemed l & dirty & there was no room to swing a cat. Bathroom was clean though. Both rooms were dark & the antiquated a/c unit was so noisy at night with its cluncking & crashing that it woke us up a few nights. My daughter could not stop sneezing the whole time we were there.
Most of the staff were friendly especially on reception & at breakfast & also the cleaners. However, it did not occur to the doorman to help us hail a taxi when we were leaving..in fact he disappeared! As a woman travelling on her own with 2 children I felt that we had been given the worst room as a 'cheap' option.Everything was old & tired looking & the lobby was so dark (probably to hide the fact that the leather sofa had seen better days) that the whole experience was rather depressing. The area as you came out of the Hotel to the right was dirty & smelly so I would advise you to turn left!
Never again.!!

I would NOT return to this hotel..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for making the time to post your review. I am sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectations. It’s obvious that we also failed to provide you with a proper level of service. I do apologize for the shortcomings. I would very much welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly in the hopes of making amends and to truly show you the level of service we are capable of and that you should expect. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at our main number. Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you.

Lindenhurst, New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I spent the night in NYC and we booked the Park South as our regular hotel was booked up. The room was clearly in need of updating and a good scrubbing. The chairs were visibly dirty and the carpet was nasty. The tables were chipped and scuffed and the mini fridge was set on the floor. If you wanted to use it you had to kneel on the floor to get a bottle of water in there. The bedding and bathroom were immaculately clean which was a relief and the staff was very nice. There was a sign in the hallway that said they were in the process of updating their guest rooms. It's past time I'd say.

The restaurant off the lobby, The Black Duck served a lovely Manhattan cocktail and a very nice complimentary breakfast the next morning. Wait staff was typical NYC snooty.

I doubt I would go back unless I heard of a lovely renovation. The neighborhood was fun but there are other hotels.

2 Thank MaryEllenB8
Thank you for taking the time to post your honest and articulate feedback. I’m sorry that the condition of your room was not a 100% as it should have been. As you pointed out, we are under a complete guest room refurbishment which is being carried out in stages to minimize any guest disruption. I would very much welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly in the hopes of making amends. Please do not hesitate to contact me at our main number. I look forward to your call.

Oxford, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Bistro hotels in New York can be exorbitant. This one isn't. It's convenient enough, situated on the Midtown-Chelsea border, a short walk from the subway, with a nice bar and restaurant, free internet, friendly staff and a pleasant ambience. What's not to like?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Opera-loverOxford
Thank you so much for the kind feedback about the Black Duck. It sounds like you came by during a week day. I hope you will come back again soon preferably on a Friday or Saturday so you can enjoy some great Jazz.

Warm Regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel, the room was clean, the shower head was amazing. The hotel was clean and staff were friendly and helpful. With free wifi in the rooms and the complimentary breakfast each morning, and close to transport and various attractions, making it a great hotel for travellers.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
It’s always wonderful when our guests take the time to post their feedback. Thank you so much. It sounds like you tried one of our newly refurbished bathrooms with the rain shower heads. It’s a very soothing and relaxing way to start your day. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

An excellent hotel with lovely period features. The rooms were a good size for NY and were comfortable and quiet. The staff were welcoming and very helpful and we had free use of the hotel computers to book tickets and to print our boarding cards. The complimentary continental breakfast served to set us up for the day and we generally felt very relaxed. The hotel is just a few steps from the subway and within walking distance of the Empire State Building! Should we return to New York we would definitely stay here again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your informative feedback. I’m very pleased you enjoyed your stay and our services. I hope you will not hesitate to reach out to me personally on that next visit.