“Comfortable hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #52 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Comfortable hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This well located hotel on 28th Street is an idea base for exploring the city with the subway nearby. Our room was very comfortable with and excellent tiled shower. You do not need to go any further than the attached Black Duck restaurant because the food is superb. Breakfast is also served here. The staff where very helpful. there is free Wi-Fi and use of the computer suite which helped with the printing of flight boarding passes. I would certainly come back when visiting New York.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nasonandrew
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for the kind feedback. I’m very pleased you found the hotel enjoyable as well as our staff helpful. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally when booking your next visit. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Christiaan Aldoy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Hungarian first
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I found the staff to be rude. The room are depressing . In my opinion they look bland 1940's style. Beds Are rock Hard. Neighborhood is not the safest.Difficult for a taxi to find. The one good thing i can say about the hotel is the included breakfast is European and good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rd400
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I’m very disappointed to hear that you did not find your accommodations or our staff pleasing. This is certainly not indicative of our team but somehow we have left you with this impression. I would greatly welcome the opportunity to speak further with you in the hopes of gaining a better understanding as to the root of any rudeness you encountered. Please feel free to call or email me at your convenience. My apologies, I look forward to speaking with you.

Regards,
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Found hotel to be in an ideal position for exploring NYC .the rooms were clean and spacious. The staff, from room cleaners to reception, were extremely curteous and helpful. The breakfast was an added bonus and a great start to the day.
Renovations which were taking place had no effect on the great holiday experience we had.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you very much for the kind feedback, we appreciate that you took the time. I’m very pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you found our team to be helpful. It’s true we are in the process of a refurbishment and we are making every effort to be as unobtrusive as possible to our guests. I hope you will join us again soon to enjoy the fruits of our labor. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on your next visit.

Redditch Worcs UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

A great base for our first Trip to the big apple! After a long trip from London we were greeted by very friendly staff. Check-in was smooth and we were quickly unpacking ready to take in all the sites of the city. As this was my wife's Birthday weekend and the reason for hitting the apple. It was great to find a card and free drinks at the bar voucher in the room what a great touch!!
I wanted to make sure we wined and dined well. This is where Cat on the front desk came in to her own. An amazing sweet girl who could not do enough to ensure we knew where we were going and had some great recommendations for restaurants. One such being the Mexico Lindo which was not far from the hotel with great food and amazing staff and manager!.
Cat had also arranged for two of the famous NY cupcakes in our room upon return one evening which was so thoughtful. The Hotel itself was in the process of a little maintenance but is clean and tidy regardless. Breakfast buffet is great and Bagels all the way :-) and quite rare to get it included in NY.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a larger or king room if you are a space lover. But have you come to NY to spend it in yo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank daveandsue007_11
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much for writing about your recent stay. We are delighted to be chosen as your host hotel during your first visit to New York City. I’m happy that Cat was able to assist you with recommendations. I’ll be certain to share your wonderful comments with her. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally on your next trip.

Brookline, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel was a lovely surprise, especially considering I thought I was stuck staying here when other hotels closer to my office were booked. I didn't know that I was in for a treat! Not to mention, you really can't beat the price - great value here.

When I arrived, jazz music was playing and I immediately felt a little more relaxed. Check in was friendly and quick with info on the free wifi and morning breakfast at the restaurant next door. (I love free breakfast!) I was given a room on the 7th floor facing 28th Street. The view is not like some other places I've stayed, but I could see a corner of the Chrysler Building and it was nice to be up higher (I think it's only 8 floors). The room was surprisingly spacious with 2 comfy double beds, desk area and a lounge chair with table. The best part of the room was arriving to a box of chocolates and 2 bottles of water, with a note from the hotel to welcome me and let me know that a Sinatra concert was scheduled in Central Park that evening. Love this personal touch! The neighborhood was also a nice change from the other spots I've stayed in midtown. Great restaurants in the area and I enjoyed the awesome sushi place around the corner on 27th. Oh, and I did like the breakfast in the morning - which included bagels, pastries, fruit, cereal, hard boiled eggs, juices and coffee.

Two minor shortcomings: 1) The gym only has 1 treadmill. Another guest arrived the same time I did, clearly looking to use it, but I had just stepped on. Bit awkward for the next 30 minutes. I suppose I could have gone for a run outdoors instead to avoid this situation entirely. 2) The bathroom door in my room didn't seal at the bottom. It's a sliding door that slid left and right, but leaned out at the bottom. So when the door was closed, you could still see into the room through the bottom half of the door. It didn't really matter for me, but could be a privacy issue for other guests. In general, I think they are doing renovations around the building, so that may be something to check on before you get your room.

In any case, I had a nice stay and will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor facing 28th St.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to write about your recent stay at the Park South. It’s great to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our complimentary continental breakfast is always a nice way to start the day. It’s true that there are some limitations with our existing fitness room but I am happy to report that this is scheduled to change soon. Your observations are correct we are in the process of refurbishing the hotel although all efforts are currently focused on our guest rooms. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back soon; we welcome your feedback on our progress. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly on your next visit. Thanks again.

Summerland, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel is in a good location as it is within walking distance to Times Square and steps from the Subway station There is a buffet breakfast with lots of choices to start your busy day. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: The higher floors seem to have less AC sound although this hotel is generally quiet throughout.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Helen564

Stroud, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great location and a friendly hotel. Staff were excellent and nothing was too much trouble. As a first time traveller to New York we asked the staff a wide range of question which they were more than happy to answer. We shall return when we have saved up.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul C
Thank you so much for the positive feedback. It’s always nice to know we are delivering on good service and that our complimentary features are well received. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.