“Enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #55 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is a very nice hotel with a good atmosphere. Friendly and helpful staff, not always the norm in NYC.

Room was small, but I have stayed in much smaller. Fridge, safe, good shower, reasonable size TV. Clean and air-conditioned.

Decent bar/restaurant although I can recommend Snafu 28 the bar over the road for a cheap domestic beer.

Handy location, seems to be in the middle of the Indian quarter, load of Indian restaurants within a block. Subway station is only yards away.

Would certainly recommend and be happy to return

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Warwickshire_John_64
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much, we always appreciate the feedback and wonderful comments. I would say that the right atmosphere is always a delicate balance to achieve and I’m very pleased to hear that we did. Not sure if you are a jazz fan but I would highly recommend a weekend night in the Black Duck over Snafu. First beer flight is on us. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if I can be of any assistance on your next trip.

Christiaan Aldoy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed here from 15th April until 22nd April.On arrival our room was not ready so it seemed like ages to wait and were rather disappointed that we were not offered any refreshments whilst waiting.However it all got better.Room a Superior Queen,very clean and comfortable,but alas little hanging space for clothes-we stayed a week,so more cupboard space would have been good,but we managed.Housekeeping really excellent,towels changed twice a day if wanted and chocolates arrived on our piloows every night! All staff we came into contact with were polite and helpful.Breakfast was a bonus every morning which started at 7until 10am,so the chance of a lie in...lots of choice for breakfast albeit cold and you were never rushed so could sit and plan your day.
A Gym was in the basement,but alas i never made it in.
The Bar opened about 4pm and often a Happy Hour was included
As for the location of the Hotel-excellent-near to Subway,or most places within walking distance.
Most definately i would recommend staying here and hopefully i will make it back another time.

Room Tip: Our room number was 514 which looked out onto buildings but so so quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Barbara A
Thank you for the thorough and kind feedback. My apologies to you for the wait upon arrival, I hope we did not inconvenience you greatly. I am excited to report that we are in the process of a property refurbishment and all of the items you touched on are expected to be remedied in the months ahead. It’s this type of useful feedback that helps us address areas in our service and our accommodations. I hope you will see many of these changes and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any service.

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel every week for the last 6 years and I am quite happy with the service the hotel provides. It is in a great location, close to numerous restaurants and within walking distance of midtown. The staff is very friendly and always accomodating. The rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank T P
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
It’s always wonderful to hear from our regular guests and so much appreciated. The team is always good about introducing me to our long term guests. I hope we get the opportunity to speak soon in person. It would be wonderful to hear your feedback on our ongoing room enhancements given your long history at the Park South. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally if I can be of any assistance to you. I look forward to seeing you very soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I would highly recommend the park south hotel.It was our first trip to New york in fact our first trip to America.There was seven of us that included a baby and 4 year old,the hotel staff could not be more accomadating and helpful.Any help we wanted for the children or trips they could not help us enough.The rooms were clean and tidy and very comfortable.This hotel is really close to the subway and in walking distance of the Empire state and other land marks.We would for sure stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Helen Y
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you so much for writing about your stay. We are honored that you choose the Park South for your first trip to the US. It’s always exciting traveling to a new country. I’m pleased to learn that your family found our staff helpful as well as our accommodations pleasing. I hope the kids had enjoyable time as well and that we get the opportunity to host you again soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally on your next trip.

Very Warm Regards,
Essex
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Tremendous location, 15 mins walk from the Empire State Building abt 20 mins from Times Square. I min to subway. Nice restaurants nearby. Bar open after 4pm. Our room (502) was small, all bed! There was about 1 foot between wall and bed on one side and about 1 yard between the bed and the window. Using 2 suitcases was a bit of a challenge! However the room and ensuite were very clean. And the included breakfast was one of the best I've had in the US. Cereal, yoghurt, fruit, hardboiled eggs, cheese, cold meats, bagels, bread and muffins. I would stay there again as first choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nanathetraveller
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for making the time to post your feedback. It sound like you may have booked one of our queen superior rooms which are a bit cozy unless you are a single traveler. I very pleased to learn that you found our staff was helpful and both the Park South and the Black Duck were to your liking. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly for a complimentary upgrade so you have ample space. Thank you.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I would highly recommend Park South and the Black Duck Restaurant to anyone looking for excellent value, clean, friendly and helpful service, good food and great cocktails! The rooms are spacious and very comfortable, and the staff in the hotel and restaurant were all fantastic. A 1 minute walk to the subway, and an easy walk to Empire State Building, the location is great. I would stay at Park South again without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank emilyworsnop
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to write this review. We are sincerely humbled by your wonderful praise. It’s such a joy to hear we delivered on a pleasant experience both in the Park South and in the Black Duck. I hope you will do me the honor by reaching out to me directly on your next visit. Have a wonderful Spring/Summer.

Salt Lake City
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed at Park South while in NYC for business...could walk a couple of blocks to work during the day! The pleasure came later...hotel was close to subway, parks, and EATALY- a foodies mecca! Having the Black Duck right downstairs when weather/time were short was great! will definitely stay again! Room was spotless, staff friendly and helpful in finding local resources.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank savvychef
Always a winning combination when traveling and time permits. Thank you for the great feedback, it’s always nice to share guest comments with our team. Hopefully you’ll get more time on your next visit to enjoy all the great sites NYC has to offer. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly for your next reservation.