My girlfriend and I recently spent four nights at Park South. Despite my average rating, overall, we enjoyed our stay.
• There was a substantial amount of rennovations underway, but the noise did not disturb us.
• The rates were a special January bargain at only $129/night, and the location was nicely situated for us to walk north to neighbourhoods in midtown or south to Greenwich, Soho, etc.
• The breakfast, which was included in the cost, was more than we expected and we really appreciated the nice fireplace are where we ate every morning.
• The front desk staff were always polite and helpful.
• The bathroom was nicely appointed, clean and bright.
My only real criticism is that the bedroom area was really not pleasant. The carpets looked old and filthy (we made a point of keeping our socks on all the time except when we were in bed). The armchair was not only too bulky for the small room, but was placed right at the entrance to the room, making the room look even smaller than it was, even to the point of making it difficult to get into the room. I took the liberty of rearranging the room just a little by lifting the armchair over the bed to put it under the window...it made a huge difference. Management might want to pay attention to these small things that can make such a huge impact on customer enjoyment of the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in midtown Manhattan's trendy NoMad neighborhood at Park Avenue South and 28th Street, the brilliantly renovated in 2016 Park South Hotel delights guests with enticing new social areas and serene accommodations. Exciting new dining options at this elegant 1906 landmark include Roof, a stylish seasonal rooftop cocktail bar, Covina Restaurant and Bar serving a decadently delightful menu in a warm casual environment, and o ya, a celebrated Japanese restaurant. All three venues are overseen by the James Beard Award-winning Chef Tim Cushman. From the glamorous library's onyx fireplace to the guestrooms' sparkling chandeliers and spa-style baths, the Park South Hotel's friendly, unpretentious ambiance and impeccable service set the standard for unforgettable hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park South Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Park South
- Park South Hotel New York
- Park South New York City