“NO BED BUGS”
Review of Park South Hotel

Park South Hotel
Ranked #58 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 13, 2011

I have stayed at Park South a half dozen times and will continue to return. Great location (1/2 block from subway) within walking distance of many great restaurants even though it has a great bar and restaurant attached and free continental breakfast is satisfying. Very clean rooms and welcoming staff. I would recommend Park South to anyone visiting NYC. Best of all NO BED BUGS! I am returning in 2 weeks and have to say, as a single female I feel very safe at the Park South.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Park South Hotel

Reviewed March 9, 2011

Location borders midtown but the hotel is right by a subway station and near bus links too. These will take you where you there in just a couple of stops. There are some restaurants and other shops conveniently located near the hotel as well.

The hotel itself was smart and elegant and smaller than some of those grand hotels out there that it felt homely. Service was excellent, staff very obliging. Breakfast a very pleasant experience.

Bed was very comfy - plump pillows and what felt like a quality mattress, unlike what you might get in some European hotels.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank shezhammer
Reviewed February 9, 2011

You really can't beat the value of this place. I did travel for business only so I did not spend a ton of time at the hotel. It was a few blocks from my office. It was mostly very quiet with the exception of a few noisy garbage trucks but that's what you get in the city. I would definitely stay again for cost and convenience. The bed was on the extremely firm side so sleep was not flawless. But that's probably my only complaint and not enough to deter me from staying again. Size of the room was generous for NYC standards. I did get "bumped up" or so they claimed.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Roomy, esp. for Manhattan. Well-located in Murray Hill, easy to get around. Very pleasant and well-appointed. The rooms ARE as pictured in the website. Nice breakfast. Friendly staff. Free wifi throughout.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2011

I like this hotel a lot for the price. It is a great value with rooms around $135 or so. It is very convenient, a half block from the 6 train and lots of restaurants around. The room is small and basic, but there is good free wifi and a really nice breakfast in the morning. This is the hotel I choose over and over when I have business at NYU dental school.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2011

My husband took me to NYC last weekend for my birthday. He was able to get a great deal on Travelzoo for a room at Park South, but I was unaware that he had called the hotel the day before we left to arrange for a complimentary upgrade. I loved the look of the hotel. It was built in the early 1900's so it had a lot of character and charm. It wasn't your typical chain, which we really liked. The room was large for NYC and had a view of the Chrysler Building. The bathroom was a little small, but that wasn't a problem. Loved the bath products and the room was very clean.

Breakfast was included in the price of the room. It was served in the Black Duck Restaurant which was attached to the hotel. Breakfast included croissants, bagels, cheeses and meats, hard-boiled eggs, fruits and some of the best coffee I've ever had. A nice plus was that it was served until 11:00. We had a meal in the restaurant on Monday night and it was delicious. I had shrimp cocktail and the most delicious clam chowder and my husband had scallops. Yummy! Saturday night we listened to live jazz and enjoyed some drinks in the restaurant. We spent a lot of time there. Partly because it was so cold while we were in New York, but also because it was such a relaxing place to be.

Everyone we came in contact with in the hotel was so nice and professional. The location was perfect. Right around the corner was a French restaurant, Les Halles owned by Anthony Bourdain. I got escargot and I do believe they were the best I've ever had. My husband had the steak, frites, and salad special. I had a bite of the steak and it melted in your mouth. Around the other corner from the hotel was another French restaurant, La Petite Auberge. We were a little disappointed in the food, but the chocolate mousse was to die for!

All in all, this short vacation was one of the best ever. A big part of the reason why was because of our hotel. The best compliment to the hotel is that I'm planning a girl's trip to New York in October and I'm already making plans to stay at Park South. The thing about New York is that it is so addictive. As soon as you leave you start planning your next trip. It's the greatest city in the world!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I found a great deal for the Park South Hotel on Travel Zoo, and after reading other reviews on Trip Advisor, I decided to book it. This was a great decision. The Park South Hotel went beyond our expectations. A boutique hotel, it was more intimate that the bigger hotels, but that was made it seem more personal. The lobby was warm and inviting, and our room was comfortable. It wasn't huge, but that's pretty common in NYC. We had a superior king room, and for two people, it was perfectly adequate. We had plenty of room to maneuver, the bed was comfortable, and most importantly, the entire place was clean. The room was pleasantly decorated, and our room also had a mini-fridge. The bathroom was a bit on the small side, but we just took turns in there, so it was no problem. Breakfast was included each day in the Black Duck restaurant, and there were plenty of choices. We never left there hungry. Speaking of the Black Duck restaurant, the food was really good and the service was superb. On Saturday night there was a comedian and on Sunday night they showed an old James Bond flick. The neighborhood around the hotel is not too touristy, and there are shops and restaurants nearby. A subway station is just 1/2 block away (28th St. on the #6 train). It was nice to be away from the hustle and bustle of Times Square, but it was still easy enough to get everywhere we wanted to go. I highly recommend this hotel, and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple