“Not that good”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Tried red velvet and ginger cupcakes, the cake is dry and the icing is like buttercream that has been made from margarine on the cheap, The shop looks lovely so do the cakes but the cakes do not taste anything like as good as I thought they would be

Write a ReviewReviews (1,633)

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I had heard so much about magnolia cupcakes. Since I adore cupcakes and I am a huge fan of Sprinkles, I thought I would give the competition a try. Bad idea. After a 16 minute wait in line I ordered three different cakes. None of the cupcakes are worth mentioning. If you really LOVE cupcakes skip magnolia head to Sprinkles.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I give the cupcakes an average rating only because the frosting was very good. I had the Red Velvet Cupcake and the German Chocolate Cupcake. The German Chocolate frosting was really good, not too sweet. and the Red Velvet butter cream frosting was very light and fluffy and delicious. The cupcakes pretty much had no flavor. If I had been blind taste testing, I would have said they were plain white cupcakes, on the dry side. I was pretty disappointed after all the hubbub about Magnolia Bakery.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

The pecan pie was great.
The brownies and blondies were dry and crumbled apart.

The cupcakes were dry, but the frosting was good. In a town with so many options...the whole cupcake should be good.

Everything was overpriced.
We were really looking forward to this, but came out disappointed.
I only rated a three because the pecan pie was so good, or else it would have been lower.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Vintage bake shop with great selections to good to pass up . They're open late which I found beneficial. I always stopped after the theater to grab some goodies to take back to hotel. The only thing that could make them better was eating them in my pajamas!