“Good place for fast lunch not fast food”
Review of Le Pain Quotidien

Le Pain Quotidien
Ranked #1,611 of 14,015 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This luncheon place is consistently good. The long table for singles is very European. Sometimes, they do hurry one by giving the check not yet asked for. I know and trust the chain so that when I was in a rush in Washington, I went in for a bite instead of trying to look for restaurants I didn't know.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This place appealed to our breakfast sensibilities of good food that's good for you. They are really big on organic foods, veggie and vegan food, etc., and they have a bakery up front. We went there to have a healthy breakfast of steel cut oatmeal. Really good, as was the fresh squeezed orange juice. The coffee was the only disappointing part of the meal itself, and the service was really slow. Part of this I realize is that everything is made fresh to order, which I appreciate and account for, but the wait staff person we had wasn't the greatest.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had a very fresh, delicious salad Nicoise, which came with crusty bread and butter. I met an old friend here and all our orders were great!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

If you're looking for something else than pancakes or sausages for breakfast,, and if you want to try healthy Belgian bread, a good croissant and a good cappuccino, you must go here. Good quality for money.
Great decoration, classical music: a quiet moment in a city that never sleeps. Love it.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The franchise is consistent in quality and service. As well in Brazil, this branch in 65th St in the Upper West Side is a great spot for a breakfast!