“Delicious lunch fare in "hole in the wall" eatery”
Review of Piccolo Cafe

Piccolo Cafe
Ranked #1,838 of 13,687 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: We proudly serve you all the best Italian paninis and gourmet food, and of course, our staple coffee. That's what we call the "real deal!" It is our mission to serve you the best Prosciutto, Mozzarella, Burrata, Gnocchi, as well as delicious paninis and desserts. Juansetter (Escaping in the City: A Taste of Real Italy) said: "Every other item has truffles/truffle oil in it, and every third has prosciutto or Parmigiano Reggiano. And none of it is the heavy saucy, fried stuff that you find in most New York Italian restaurants; rather, this green cafe goes for the fresh, healthy, Mediterranean feel that we love about Italy." "That's probably because the owners - and, indeed, the guy behind the counter - are actually from Italy. Ciao!" Piccolo offers daily and one-off special deals.
London,uk
“Delicious lunch fare in "hole in the wall" eatery”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

What a find! I stumbled into this place accidentally, while looking for a good sandwich near the Pierpont Morgan library. I had the truffled egg sandwich, which came in good time on toasted bread. It was large, satisfying, and tasty!. The place was crammed with young business people in the know, and it's hard to find a table, but the food is worth the inconvenience.

• Visited October 2013

New York City, New York
“Great, cheap meal”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I was walking by and passed this adorable cafe on Madison. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in at how quick the service was and how great the food was for the price. NYC needs more places like this.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect lunch spot!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I love this cafe! The inside is so charming and the menu items are fabulous. I had the truffle egg sandwich and an espresso. There isn't much seating so I would avoid going at peak times if you want to sit but I would also recommend that you sit down to eat in this cafe! I almost felt like I had transported out of New York City and into some small mom and pop place.

This place is not cheap, for my espresso and truffle sandwich I paid a little over $10 however it is phenomenal food. I would go back in a heartbeat. And I should also say that this is some of the best espresso I've had in New York. And definite must do in the city!

• Visited September 2013
Koh Samui
“Personal and Friendly”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We came across this restaurant wandering around the area near our hotel. Over the 7 nights in NYC we had three evening meals in the is place alone. There were different specials every night and all were tasty and the service was personal and friendly. Each night we were there the cocktails were half price and chef came out one night and gave a sample of dish he was working on and asked for an opinion. Had a take service as well, not sure about delivery and was open early for take away coffee and snacks.

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Mushrooms with truffles...the best!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

A little place...but don't let that stop you, they take names on a list and will let you know when to come back for the next available table. Who would think of smoking spinach leaves for the salad...it's these innovative and delicious techniques that make you want to come back for more. The biscotti are flown in from Italy, the ingredients are top quality. On east side of Amsterdam Ave near 74th street.

• Visited July 2013