We booked via a discount website (Priceline) and got a reasonable deal at approx £90 per night. Not bad for NYC. The hotel was easy to find, on a quiet road next to Penn Station. Check in was fast and we were quickly shown to our room. We were very pleasantly surprised with the size of the room, Having been told that NYC has small rooms, our room was spacious and very well designed.
For us the hotel was in a perfect location. Walking distance to time square (5-10 mins), 1 block from MSG, Walking distance to ESB (5-10 mins) and 1 min walk to penn station.
In summary we were very happy with our choice and would definitely stay again.
1) Great location, central to everything, yet down a quiet street away from hustle and bustle.
2) Good design and very well maintained.
3) Large rooms
1) Although nothing directly happened to us, but as i was checking out, we heard one of the staff members being fairly curt/short/rude to another guest. I am not sure what exactly happened, but when he left the member of staff was rude about the guest to another colleague. i heard clearly her talking badly about the customer, and for me, interactions like that should be kept behind closed doors in private, not in an open hotel lobby with guests around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked into the heart of Manhattan at 345 West 35th Street, between 8th and 9th Avenues, TRYP New York City Times Square South is so central, so packed with fun, and so "New York"… You will truly feel like you Own the City. This is the first TRYP hotel we open in the U.S., part of a family of exciting properties in the world’s most attractive hotspots including Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Frankfurt and Paris. We rebuilt and redesigned this hotel in a retro building site smack dab in the middle of major metro business centers and most of New York City's top attractions. You'll be poised to take advantage of primo shopping and dining, Times Square, the Empire State Building and the ever-exciting Madison Square Garden.Besides our spacious TRYP Rooms, TRYP New York City Times Square South features signature rooms that have become defining elements of the TRYP brand. Our Fitness rooms come with a fitness machine and complimentary workout gear. Family rooms are the ideal choice for families with small children: bunk beds for kids and an oversized bed for parents. And our Media rooms are stacked with 55" TVs, surround sound, popcorn makers, Nintendo Wii, iPod "dock," 3D glasses, Blu Ray player and a multiple media connectivity panel. We’re sure that you’ll be in awe of the grand open environment of our Plaza Central, where you can relax, meet up with colleagues or make new friends. But our attention to detail doesn’t stop there. We also keep your heart pumping with a 24x7 fitness center and we’ll help you host the event of the year with 2,100 sq. ft. of meeting space that accommodates up to 100 people. Welcome to the first Tryp Hotel in the Americas, the Tryp Times Square South Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your TRYP New York City Times Square South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Times Square South Hotel New York City