“Tryp Hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Tryp Hotel”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My stay at this hotel was very disappointing. My wife and I arrived to our initial room only to be saddened by how small the room was, the desk was literally right next to the bed, as if they had no where else to place it. After this realization, we attempted to take a nap only to be disturbed by maids slamming doors every 5 minutes, no exaggeration. My wife went to look in the hallway to see a bunch of them huddling around talking about useless information. We moved to another room and was still disappointed with how often people slammed doors. Aside from that, I wanted to microwave food I had the night before so I called the front desk the night before to inquire about whether there is a microwave, the gentleman told me that there is one available. So next morning before our flight, I went down to the front desk to get my food microwaved, the lady at the desk told me because of "liability" concerns, I could not microwave my food, so due to heavy traffic towards the airport, I ended up starving by the time I reached my flight. Absolutely awful experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shawn2342
Ben E, Manager at TRYP New York City Times Square South, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
It is disappointing to hear that our hotel did not live up to your expectations. All of us here at TRYP Times Square South Hotel take your comments very seriously, and we are eager to correct any failures on our part.

We also understand that our hotel is very unique in regards to the design and the size of our rooms and that the structure of the rooms may not be for everyone.
I would love an opportunity to discuss your stay and experiences with you directly, and am confident that I can restore your faith in us. I can be contacted at 646-200-8853, or belie@wyndham.com. I look forward hearing back from you!

Ben Elie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
  • Czech first
Distrikt Hotel New York City
#75 of 466 in New York City
Chelsea
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York ...
#119 of 466 in New York City
Homewood Suites by Hilton New York/Midtown Manhattan Times Square-South, NY
Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
Courtyard New York Manhattan/Tim...
#146 of 466 in New York City
Chelsea
Stewart Hotel
Stewart Hotel
#203 of 466 in New York City

Been to TRYP New York City Times Square South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about TRYP New York City Times Square South

Property: TRYP New York City Times Square South
Address: 345 West 35th Street, Steps to Times Square, High-line, Etc, New York City, NY 10001-1701
Location: United States > New York > New York City > Midtown , Hell's Kitchen
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
#5 Green Hotel in New York City
#86 Family Hotel in New York City
#112 Business Hotel in New York City
#123 Luxury Hotel in New York City
#145 Romantic Hotel in New York City
Hotel Class:4.5 star — TRYP New York City Times Square South 4.5*
Tucked into the heart of Manhattan at 345 West 35th Street, between 8th and 9th Avenues, TRYP New York City Times Square South is so central, so packed with fun, and so "New York"… You will truly feel like you Own the City. This is the first TRYP hotel we open in the U.S., part of a family of exciting properties in the world’s most attractive hotspots including Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Frankfurt and Paris. We rebuilt and redesigned this hotel in a retro building site smack dab in the middle of major metro business centers and most of New York City's top attractions. You'll be poised to take advantage of primo shopping and dining, Times Square, the Empire State Building and the ever-exciting Madison Square Garden.Besides our spacious TRYP Rooms, TRYP New York City Times Square South features signature rooms that have become defining elements of the TRYP brand. Our Fitness rooms come with a fitness machine and complimentary workout gear. Family rooms are the ideal choice for families with small children: bunk beds for kids and an oversized bed for parents. And our Media rooms are stacked with 55" TVs, surround sound, popcorn makers, Nintendo Wii, iPod "dock," 3D glasses, Blu Ray player and a multiple media connectivity panel. We’re sure that you’ll be in awe of the grand open environment of our Plaza Central, where you can relax, meet up with colleagues or make new friends. But our attention to detail doesn’t stop there. We also keep your heart pumping with a 24x7 fitness center and we’ll help you host the event of the year with 2,100 sq. ft. of meeting space that accommodates up to 100 people. Welcome to the first Tryp Hotel in the Americas, the Tryp Times Square South Hotel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your TRYP New York City Times Square South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Tryp Times Square South Hotel New York City