“Overall Good Experience”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Overall Good Experience”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just stayed 4 nights as a fam of 4. Booked a King Family with bunk beds but they were "oversold" when we check in. Was told that they had same room available but with 2 double beds. Was told I'd get a $100 credit at check out but was told that the front desk person never put it in the notes...Wrote an email today, awaiting response. Worked out well in any case. A/C effecient but very loud, Housekeeping 5 out of a 10, restaurant good bkfst, locations next to a police station which felt good, super close to subways & Starbucks :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank paddycake1998
Ben E, Manager at TRYP New York City Times Square South, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
26. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. An experience such as the one you described is taken very seriously by all of us here at the TRYP Time Square South Hotel, and we look forward to an opportunity to make it better. Although I cannot undo what happened, I would like to personally discuss your recent stay, and hopefully you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

I appreciate your feedback, as this helps us become the very best that we can be, and I look forward to speaking with you directly concerning your recent stay. I may be contacted at 212-600-2440, or Kimiller@wyndham.com. In the meantime, we remain fully at your service and look forward to the chance of welcoming you back at the Wyndham Times Square South.

Kiana Miller – Assistant Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (575)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The rooms are incredible with a European feel. Te beds were the best i've ever had. The showers were the best ever. The personnel are wonderfully friendly and helpful. They really go above and beyond. This hotel is located 1 1/2 blocks from Penn Station.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank barbben51
Very nice! Thank you so much for your really excellent comments and great review of our hotel! It makes us really proud that you were able to have such wonderful stay, and that our staff provided you with rock star service. We hope to see you again soon at the TRYP Times Square South Hotel!
hamilton
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were a group of 8 (Moms and Daughter). We were looking for a room that could host all of us together and they accommodated in a family room. We didn't want the kids alone and they wanted be together. It also save us so much money. The location is ideal, the subway is right down the street. A block from Penn Station. The service was wonderful, always willing to help. They made a great dinner reservations as dinners for 8 was some what challenging.

Room Tip: We had a fridge so we had fruit and cereal in the room. Breakfast was a little expensive in the hote...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank stubby_lisa
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the TRYP Times Square South. I am glad to hear that we could meet your needs with our facilities and location. Indeed our location is perfect for guests wishing to venture out and enjoy the city via Mass Transit. Thank you again for choosing our property, we look forward to accommodating you in the near future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed Aug 26 till Aug 29. Everything about hotel was excellent. Check in was smooth and we got into our room early, Stayed in a beautiful room on the 14th floor. There was no street noise at all. Location is great, down the street from Macy's and and subway.Starbuck's right on corner.
When we checked out they held our luggage for the day. Would stay here again and highly recommend

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank mbradford58
We really appreciate your very nice review and comments about our hotel! It sounds like you had a very nice time, and got to enjoy all that our hotel and New York City had to offer! Thank you so much for staying with us, and we look forward to taking care of you during your next stay!
Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Brilliant hotel for NYC visit. Especially for those sick and tired of hotels with inflexible policies towards families of more than 4. This hotel is not lavish but really well designed and thought through. Rooms that easily accommodate a family of 5 or 6. Natty designs like fold down beds, and the clever bathroom. All. Clean and modern. Good access to wifi both in rooms and in the 3 pcs in reception with printer access. Nice little touches like free lemonade in reception at 4pm too.

Very close to good underground links and close to broadway. Strongly recommend.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hattamr
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the TRYP Times Square South. I am glad to hear that we could meet your needs with our facilities and location. Thank you again for choosing our property, we look forward to accommodating you in the near future.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is my 2nd Summer in NY staying at TRYP. I was part of Broadway Artist Alliance and the Service was fantastic from scheduling our stay to the very last day. Rooms are comfy, not as small as many NY hotels. Looking forward to coming back later this month, next month and again next year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ben E, Manager at TRYP New York City Times Square South, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for choosing the TRYP Times Square South again! It’s always a pleasure having you stay with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We really appreciate your very nice review and comments about our hotel. Take care, and we hope to see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I treated my mom for her first ever trip to NYC for her birthday in February. I was happy to find that TRYP had some of the lowest rates in the area, so I booked our hotel online, trusting the positive feedback from other TA reviewers - I'm glad I did!

I've spent a lot of time in NYC for business and pleasure over the last few years and I've stayed at enough hotels in the area to know a good one from a total miss and the TRYP surprised me - it was a diamond in the rough of the city. From the modern decor, the cool NYC vibe of the staff and lobby, and the well appointed rooms, I was happy to call TRYP our home for 4 days.

The staff were exceptional - starting from when we unexpectedly had to cancel the first night of our stay because a blizzard had grounded all the planes leaving Chicago. Even though I'd booked a non-refundable rate, the staff offered me a credit for the night on a future stay (very cool). During our entire stay the staff were very accommodating even bringing us ice to our room with glasses when requested, at no charge! One morning we talked to the concierge about booking tickets for a Broadway show and as it was the morning of the show, the ticket prices from their broker were quite high. The concierge offered to call me on my cell phone later in the day to let me know if and when the ticket prices dropped. I thought for sure he'd forget to call, but to my surprise he was true to his word and left me a voicemail with great information.

I loved the location of the hotel and the walking distance proximity to everywhere we wanted to explore. We weren't more than a 30-min walk from sites like Times Square and Broadway. It was also conveniently located near small shops for us to pick up snacks and beer for our room (the rooms have mini-fridges, bonus!). The hotel is also located next door to a police station so we felt pretty safe walking back at night as well.

We did not eat at the hotel but did have drinks at the bar a few nights; it's so-so. I like the vibe, but for some reason a lot of people off the street (people getting off work, passers by) stop in for drinks in the evening, so the already small bar feels much more cramped and it's not always easy finding a seat. If I remember correctly, however, there was a night that there were musicians playing live music, which was a really nice touch. The bartender was just "okay" and didn't "wow" me with his service like other staff members we encountered.

One night the room next to us kept playing really loud, high bass music, which was shaking our walls and making it so hard for us to sleep. It took several calls to the front desk to have them call to the room and request the guests to turn their music down. I was disappointed that I had to make more than one call to get this accomplished.

Another small annoyance is the awkward placement of the elevators. It's hard to explain if you haven't seen or used them, but you have 2 - 4 elevators running at any given time, but the doors for these 2 are along this wall and the other 2 are on the other wall (in an L-shaped hallway) and it's easy to miss an elevator door open for you when you're on the other side of the hallway and not the other, etc.. I'm doing a terrible job at explaining this - but that's a bit of a nod to the awkward elevator set-up in itself.

The only other thing I would mention is that I was a little put-off by the check-out staff. Although they were nice enough, the gal checking us out has a very thick accent and what seemed to be somewhat limited English. It was frustrating to strain to understand what she was saying to me and equally frustrating to strain in trying to have her understand me. I would suggest that the management staff pair her with a strong English speaker for folks like me who had an obviously difficult time communicating during check-out.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel. Large rooms, well kept and well cleaned rooms, good staff, good location and depending when you go, great rates.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ChicagoCityDweller
Thank you for choosing the TRYP Times Square South. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We really appreciate your very nice review and comments about our hotel. Take care, and we hope to see you again soon!