“Amazing experience from start to finish!”

TRYP New York City Times Square South
Ranked #164 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Omaha, Nebraska
“Amazing experience from start to finish!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Tryp recently with some girlfriends for a weekend in the city and we could not have been more impressed with our experience from start to finish. Our room was spacious and beautifully furnished, with modern amenities and plenty of closet space for all 3 of us girls! The enormous windows let in plenty of natural light, but when we closed the curtains and blinds it was completely dark (a great bonus when we all wanted to sleep in after a night on the town)! We had a room with 2 beds and a pull-out couch and even the couch was wonderfully comfortable! I had the couch and slept like a baby both nights we were there (as did my counterparts in their queen-sized beds). There were 2 large bathrooms and the showers were seriously incredible -- I did not want to get out -- my shower felt that good! We really loved having our own Keurig in the room to make coffee before heading downstairs to enjoy the fantastic continental breakfast. There was an abundance of decadent goodies from croissants and pastries to classic breakfast fare and the most adorable yogurt and fruit parfaits you have ever seen. In the evenings, we indulged in a few of the bar's yummy champagne cocktails and enjoyed the ambiance of the hotel before hitting the town. The location could not be better -- it is within walking distance of Times Square South and we were able to hit the H&M flagship, Macy's, Tiffany and see Trump Tower and Central Park (to name a few places) -- all without needing to hail a cab once! The staff was extremely professional and friendly, from the front desk, to the bar, to the waitstaff, and ESPECIALLY ZAHIR! We were expecting a Town Car to take us back to the airport on Sunday but Zahir surprised us with an incredibly luxurious stretch limousine! It was a perfect end to the perfect girls weekend -- we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Don't shy away from a room with a pull-out couch if you're in a group of more than 2 -- the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Elsa C
Ben E, Manager at TRYP New York City Times Square South, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of TRYP Times Square South. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you find our property to be "beyond compare". I have shared your kind remarks with the staff in recognition of their efforts to meet your needs. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the TRYP Times Square South in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (575)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Traveled to New York for a long ladies weekend out. Based on the reviews and the hotel amenities this hotel was chosen and a great pick it was. Compared to other hotels we compared to it was a great value as well. Prior to our trip we called the hotel to get information on transportation from the airport and were provided an excellent contact (Sandra) who was at the airport when we arrived and who we felt very comfortable with on the ride into the city. Her vehicle was clean,neat and she was very helpful and friendly. She also checked during our stay to make sure we had scheduled transportation back to the airport. Once arriving at the hotel we were met by Channel who had arranged the transportation after our call and who was very accommodating throughout our entire 4 night stay. All of the desk staff was helpful and friendly but we saw Channel as a gem. We had an issue with our in room safe which they could not immediately resolve but it was resolved within the same day and they locked our valuables at the desk until this was resolved. Our premium room had two large comfortable beds, a sofabed and 2 bath rooms which is perfect for a ladies getaway or a family. The rooms were clean and well cared for.I will agree with a previous reviewer that we dd have to wait longer than we should have for luggage to be brought up (it came right up after a phone call to the desk). Would recommend this hotel to anyone wholeheartedly. We did not use the bar or any food service so we cannot comment on that however, we did receive coupons to use on appetizers if we ordered drinks. .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Deb Z
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I unexpectedly had time to check into the hotel before an afternoon business meeting so I thought I'd give it a try. When I arrived, I asked if my room was ready and was told that I had been upgraded to a family room but that unfortunately it was not ready. Since I had arrived before the check-in time and because I had been upgraded, I didn't mind them telling me that. They said they could check me into the room now and hold my bag until I returned later that evening. When I returned, I went to the registration desk and was provided my key and was told they would send up my luggage. I got to my room and looked around. It wasn't large, though it was clean. I called downstairs and asked if it was a family room and was told that it was not. I told the desk staff that I had been informed when I checked in earlier that afternoon that I had been upgraded to a family room. She did not know what to say or do, at first putting me on hold, and then telling me her manager wasn't available at the moment, but would call me back. I didn't want to mess up the room if I was going to be moved to a new room so I laid down on the bed and waited. About an hour later, I realized that my luggage had not been brought up, so I called downstairs to inquire. I was told it would be brought up immediately. A few moments later, there was a knock at the door, and I was handed my luggage and given an apology for the delay. At that point, I figured the manager wasn't going to call me back so i unpacked. I had originally planned to go down to the bar and maybe have a beer if they had good ones on tap. But was so tired by that point, I just went to sleep. In the morning, I had breakfast at the hotel, which was ok. Glad I skipped the bar the night before, because they didn't have an IPA on draft. The hotel was not worth what I paid for it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Adam F
I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. An experience such as the one you described is taken very seriously by all of us here at the TRYP Time Square South Hotel, and we look forward to an opportunity to make it better. Although I cannot undo what happened, I would like to personally discuss your recent stay, and hopefully you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

I appreciate your feedback, as this helps us become the very best that we can be, and I look forward to speaking with you directly concerning your recent stay. I may be contacted at 212-600-2440, or Kimiller@wyndham.com. In the meantime, we remain fully at your service and look forward to the chance of welcoming you back at the Wyndham Times Square South.

Kiana Miller – Assistant Guest Services Manager
Oakland, California
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Pretty great except for our very loud neighbor. Or the walls were thin, but she was the only noise we heard, but we had no other neighbor so hard to judge. Otherwise had everything we were looking for. Clean comfortable, great location, in room safe, wood floors, comfortable bed. A little too close to times sq for our taste but very central and no street noise in room. Most of the staff were very nice. Free wifi. And great price on Hotwire. Utterly pleasant. Nice lobby bar and lounge area if you care. Would stay again.

Room Tip: For quiet, try for a corner on upper floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank caly1
Thank you for choosing the TRYP Times Square South. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments, and we really look forward to seeing you again in the future.Thank you for choosing the TRYP Times Square South. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments, and we really look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Tampa
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Outstanding value! VERY CLEAN, and beautiful! We loved staying here. The rooms are smaller than I expected......but honestly, we were only there to sleep, shower or change clothes. There were 3 of us, it was fine. We loved the simplicity of the decor. We did not try the bar or food........but our room was a GREAT! What a nice surprise!!!! Close to subway too! THANK YOU TRYP for a great vacation. (Our first time in NYC)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank KozzyTampa
Ben E, Manager at TRYP New York City Times Square South, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
What an outstanding review! We loved having you as our guest, and all of us had a great time making sure your experience was the very best. Your comments really make all of us here at the TRYP Times Square South glow with pride! Take care, and we hope to see you again soon!
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed June 23, 2013

After reviewing a lot of hotels in the Times Square, manhattan area, we decided on Tryp and were pleased. Most hotels in this area could not accomadations two adults and two kids in the same room without renting a huge (expensive) suite or without two rooms. We were about a 15 min walk to most broadway plays and time square, a 15min walk to the Empire State Building and a 35 minute walk to Central Park. Penn station was 5 minutes and most subway exits were within minutes of the hotel.
Our room was the Samsung experience with bunk beds and a king. The room was quiet except for a few slamming doors and the weight room next door, but NO traffic noise.. They offer a 3d tv but with only one pair of glasses this was useless after a day on the town. Also the remotes were confusing (i consider myself tech savvy) and the sound bar was not working. Also no HBO as advertised. although we didn't have a lot of time in the hotel room, it was a little annoying trying to unwind after a hard day of sightseeing. The room had a safe and a refridgerator which saved a little on drinks. Hell's Kitchen was about six blocks away, lots to eat.
The staff were extremely friendly and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike R
houston, tx
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The hotel is attractive with nice amenities, good mattresses and HDTV (a few channels). 1/2 block from subway station is a big plus. Staff is generally pretty good, but some employees need a little more training. One example: I had a do not disturb sign on my door all day and they came in anyway (while I was gone) and cleaned the room. DUH! That sign means stay out!
I do want to give a shout- out to one particularly HELPFUL employee named ZAHIR. He bent over backwards to be helpful in any number of ways. All in all, it was worth the price I paid and I would stay again...for the right price (always price shop in NYC--lots of competition).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Ben E, Manager at TRYP New York City Times Square South, responded to this review, June 23, 2013