TRYP HOTEL NYC - Times Square South by Wyndham
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Fitness center
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$255
$239
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$326
$271
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$193
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$114
$167
$135
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$159
$120
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
$331
$297
4,125 results
All reviewsfamily roompenn stationpremium roombunk bedspolice station next doortimes squarenew yorkmadison square gardenquiet streetempire state buildingcoffee machinemodern hotellarge roommini fridgearound the cornerfew blockslocation was perfect
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I don't usually stay in Midtown because I find it too chaotic, but this hotel, placed on an off- street, right next to the NYPD was mostly quiet. Certainly didn't hear any noise from inside the room itself (maybe because the A/C was a bit too loud, but I'll get to that soon enough). All in all, this hotel is a good value (for NY, that is) especially with the decent rates (again, for NY) I found on Booking.com. The staff is warm, friendly, and helpful, and the rooms are very spacious, modern, and clean. We stayed in 1011 with a nice view and while I would've preferred that our room had a refrigerator, this is obviously one of my small critiques. I know I mentioned the A/C being a little on the noisy side and it really wasn't that bad and didn't interfere at all with sleep or anything (too tired from all those hours of NYC walking), but it was a bit noticeable here and there. I think the problem was more a setting issue than anything else as it seemed to improve once I fiddled around with the dials a bit. My final, minor critique was the odd, motion sensitive lighting in the bathroom. This would've been a very nice feature, especially for environmental concerns, but it didn't seem to quite work all that well. No problem with the lighting itself, just the sensor, which turned off a couple times while I was in the shower. I never did figure out how to adjust it--or if it could be adjusted, but the temporary solution is to turn on the additional light above the sink to prevent being trapped all wet in the dark. The room itself was very well-appointed and comfortable. My favorite part was definitely the bathroom with its large shower, complete with a detachable head and dispensers filled with Zero% brand (the products are supposedly free of all harmful chemicals, but the ingredients are not on the actual dispenser; nevertheless, they smell nice) shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel. No more keeping track of silly, tiny, travel-sized bottles that don't provide all that much product, especially for more than one person! I think this was an excellent, smart idea by the hotel. Environmentally-conscious, too. The beds are not exceedingly comfortable, but soft enough and I slept well (even staying with my mother...Jokes aside, she slept well, too). On the last day of our stay, before we headed into the city one more time, the bellhop informed us that it would be difficult to get a regular cab by the time we would be leaving for the airport, so he arranged for a car to pick us up instead (with a very sweet, accommodating driver, by the way). The ride was at a decent price, but again, I must point out that this is as far as NY prices are concerned, not those of the rest of the world. While I'm still not a fan of staying in Midtown (I prefer uptown), this hotel was a nice, modern change and a very good choice overall.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shannon N
Ben E, Manager at TRYP HOTEL NYC - Times Square South by Wyndham, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

We really appreciate your very nice review and comments about our hotel! It sounds like you had a very nice time, and got to enjoy all that our hotel and New York City had to offer! Thank you so much for staying with us, and we look forward to taking care of you during your next stay!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I would like to rate this hotel good but the service wasn't very good. But most importantly, the guests need to watch out for additional charges on your bill. The hotel would tackle additional charges. The hotel couldn't provide written or signed authorization for the charges. Please be careful. I travel all the time and this was my first time experiencing this. However the bell services and some of the front desk staff were nice and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. An experience such as the one you described is taken very seriously by all of us here at the TRYP Time Square South Hotel, and we look forward to an opportunity to make it better. Although I cannot undo what happened, I would like to personally discuss your recent stay, and hopefully you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

I appreciate your feedback, as this helps us become the very best that we can be, and I look forward to speaking with you directly concerning your recent stay. I may be contacted at 212-600-2440, or Kimiller@wyndham.com. In the meantime, we remain fully at your service and look forward to the chance of welcoming you back at the Wyndham Times Square South.

Kiana Miller – Assistant Guest Services Manager

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel is very nice. Great location and huge rooms that are new. The lobby bar is a great place to grab a drink and something light to eat. The only issue was it was impossible to get a taxi. Not one taxi drove by the front of the hotel in 10 minutes. Overall, I really liked this hotel and will most likely go back!

Room Tip: Nice hotel close to Macy's and Times Square
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Ben E, Manager at TRYP HOTEL NYC - Times Square South by Wyndham, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Thank you for choosing the TRYP Times Square South. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments, and we really look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hotel was fun and modern, but very comfortable and welcoming. The New York inspired quotes inscribed on the wardrobe, the sky blue ceiling in the bathroom and the European feeling Gastrobar were just a few of my favorite things....The staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elizabeth B

Very nice! Thank you so much for your really excellent comments and great review of our hotel! It makes us really proud that you were able to have such wonderful stay, and that our staff provided you with rock star service. We hope to see you again soon at the TRYP Times Square South Hotel!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Booked this hotel based on the trip advisor reviews we had read. We were not disappointed. We were upgraded to a premium room and it was wonderful. Staff were helpful and extremely friendly. There was always someone available to assist with directions, make a reservation or just say a friendly hello. The room was very comfortable with plenty of pillows and bottled water and coffee available daily. We did not have an opportunity to eat at the hotel but the menu looked good and the bar was a "happening" place. Everything was perfect, especially the location. We were walnut distance to most of the things we wanted to see and do but hidden away from the hustle and bustle. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it for a few days or a couple of weeks stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Lori S

What an outstanding review! We loved having you as our guest, and all of us had a great time making sure your experience was the very best. Your comments really make all of us here at the TRYP Times Square South glow with pride! Take care, and we hope to see you again soon!