We stayed here over New Years and really enjoyed this place.
- It is relatively close to Times Square and for the price, very good value.
- The beds are super comfortable, and the rooms spacious.
- The wifi was also super fast, which is rare for hotels these days!
- The staff are really friendly and the concierge desk was always available to help with any query or recommendation we wanted. n
The not so good:
- The gym is connected to the same heating system as the rest of the hotel. It was difficult to work out properly because it was so hot in such a small room. It was clear they didn’t really have the gym sorted because they have a vending machine in the gym, a giveaway the space has not really been thought out properly.
- The iron in the room almost ruined my clothes. I don’t understand why you would skimp on an iron, especially when most of the amenities at this hotel are top notch.
- There is no mini bar / fridge in the room - this was kinda of annoying because we usually like to use the fridge to keep things in. Still, it was no big deal, just something to mention.
Overall, the good out ways the bad on this place. We would definitely return!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked into the heart of Manhattan at 345 West 35th Street, between 8th and 9th Avenues, TRYP New York City Times Square South is so central, so packed with fun, and so "New York"… You will truly feel like you Own the City. This is the first TRYP hotel we open in the U.S., part of a family of exciting properties in the world’s most attractive hotspots including Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Frankfurt and Paris. We rebuilt and redesigned this hotel in a retro building site smack dab in the middle of major metro business centers and most of New York City's top attractions. You'll be poised to take advantage of primo shopping and dining, Times Square, the Empire State Building and the ever-exciting Madison Square Garden.Besides our spacious TRYP Rooms, TRYP New York City Times Square South features signature rooms that have become defining elements of the TRYP brand. Our Fitness rooms come with a fitness machine and complimentary workout gear. Family rooms are the ideal choice for families with small children: bunk beds for kids and an oversized bed for parents. And our Media rooms are stacked with 55" TVs, surround sound, popcorn makers, Nintendo Wii, iPod "dock," 3D glasses, Blu Ray player and a multiple media connectivity panel. We’re sure that you’ll be in awe of the grand open environment of our Plaza Central, where you can relax, meet up with colleagues or make new friends. But our attention to detail doesn’t stop there. We also keep your heart pumping with a 24x7 fitness center and we’ll help you host the event of the year with 2,100 sq. ft. of meeting space that accommodates up to 100 people. Welcome to the first Tryp Hotel in the Americas, the Tryp Times Square South Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your TRYP New York City Times Square South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Times Square South Hotel New York City