4,303 results
All reviewsfamily roompenn stationpremium roombunk bedspolice station next doortimes squarenew yorkmadison square gardenquiet streetempire state buildingcoffee machinegreat showermodern hotelthe high linelarge roomlobby bararound the corner
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

We had a room for 7 nights with 2 queen beds which we shared with our Daughter. It was a great size for 3 and a lovely bathroom. Room very clean and liked floor not being carpeted. Down side was no fridge in the room but discovered when our daughter checked into a smaller room for extra 3 nights after we left there was a fridge in her room. This would have made life much easier for us. The baggage handler said oh ma'am all you needed to do is ask for a fridge!!! Who would think that some rooms would have a fridge and some wouldn't?... Especially given ours wasn't a budget room I would have thought if there were to be one in a room it would be in that room. One other annoyance was one afternoon I was trying to sleep as we had a big night planned, cleaning staff allowed doors that automatically slammed to do just that rather than ease shut... I swear every 90 seconds a loud bang occurred. The positives were nice breakfasts in lobby, large clean nicely decorated rooms and good location.

• Stayed: October 2012
Ben E, Manager at Tryp by Wyndham New York City Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the TRYP Times Square South. I am glad to hear that we could meet your needs with our facilities and location. Thank you again for choosing our property, we look forward to accommodating you in the near future.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a new hotel and that usually means everything is in good shape and very clean. This was exactly my experience at the Tryp.

The hotel is not in Times Square South, rather its in Garment District West. But that's not much of a problem as you are near the subway stop and within walking distance of most of the tourist attractions.

The lobby was a bit small and chaotic. Check-in was efficient and friendly. There were plenty of elevators which means no long wait as is the case with some other boutique hotels. My room was about as large as any I've experienced in NY and that is saying something. I liked the fact there was a Pergo type floor rather than carpet for sanitary reasons. The bathroom was large and attractively designed.

Free wifi is a plus as most hotels in NY charge about $15 a day for this.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank DamienHarveston

We really appreciate your very nice review and comments about our hotel! It sounds like you had a very nice time, and got to enjoy all that our hotel and New York City had to offer! Thank you so much for staying with us, and we look forward to taking care of you during your next stay!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have booked this hotel in June for possible NYC trip in September but things had changed so I did cancel the booking 10 days later and confirmation said no fees on the cancelation. Still they have charged me for one night stay without contacting me via telephone nor e-mail. Not impressed.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

I do apologize that our policy was not made clear to you. As with most hotels, we do have a non cancellation policy fee that is charged as one night stay. If i can advise for future reservations that need to be cancelled, that you contact our reservations department.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in a premium room recently.

Location/Noise
The location met our needs - the ACE trains are on the same block as the hotel and it is a very easy walk to Penn Station (even with 2 kids and luggage). The amtrak tracks are on the close (8th Ave) side of Penn Station helping keep the walk down. I was a little worried about the police station next door for noise purposes. However, even though we were on a low floor (2) and overlooked 35th just at the police station I didn't find it loud at all. Sirens were very rare and didn't wake me up. (I am a moderate sleeper). We couldn't hear people in other rooms, either and I am pretty sure the hotel was quite full. I am not entirely sure what others experienced to complain about noise. For being in the heart of the city I thought the noise was quite low.

Staff
Check-in and all my dealings with staff from housekeeping, to front desk were professional and friendly. We didn't not use the concierge, so cannot comment on that.

Room
I never thought I would say this in NYC, but the room might have had more space than was necessary! The "living room" felt a bit spartan and bare with a lot of empty floor space. We normally stay at Marriott Residence Inn’s standard 1 bedrooms. This Tryp room was bigger than any of those I have been in. Plus this one had 2 bathrooms as well. It was actually bigger than the website's picture implied.

I do wish the room had a microwave and toaster to go with the mini-fridge in the bar area. This would be have been really nice traveling with kids.

Overall
Everything I encountered on property was clean, new and functioning.

The only reason I withhold 5 stars is the room just didn't have the fully polished decorating that I would expect from a 5 star hotel. Also, it had a bar area with sink and fridge but no other “kitchen” things. I do understand it was not advertised as a kitchen, but the overall feel felt like it was missing something. And the added functionality for guests vs. price seems like something they should consider.

I would definitely recommend it and certainly would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank L_M_in_Mass

Most excellent - your experience is exactly what we strive for here at the TRYP Times Square South Hotel! We are very proud of our beautiful hotel, and we are happy to know that it shows. Thank you for staying with us and allowing us to take care of you and we look forward to being able to do it again for your next stay!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Perfect! What a great and beautiful hotel! Very well located! Super nice and clean rooms! Many thanks to the housekeeping team! A heavenly bed sleep in after visiting the city! And the breakfast at the hotel was delicious! Lot of things to choose from and freshly baked! I can't wait to go back one day. Thanks everyone at the Tryp for making our stay in the hotel and in NYC unforgetable. If only all hotels were like this one...

Room Tip: We stayed in room 510! Very quiet!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Wow! Thank you so much for your glowing review! All of us here at TRYP Times Square South Hotel have a passion for delivering amazing service, so your comments really make our day! It sounds like you had a perfect hotel experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back for many more stays in the future. Thanks again, and take care!