4,303 results
All reviewsfamily roompenn stationpremium roombunk bedspolice station next doortimes squarenew yorkmadison square gardenquiet streetempire state buildingcoffee machinegreat showermodern hotellarge roomthe high linelobby bararound the corner
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had 3 moms and our 3 16 year old daughters in New York City for their birthday celebrations. We wanted a room that wouldn't seclude anyone, where we could all be together and the TRYP was the perfect answer! The room we stayed in was so big! Bigger than anything I've seen in NYC. (We did use a booking agent to get a GREAT rate)
The hotel is very modern and a super fun feel. The lobby is open and modernly furnished. The staff is welcoming and very friendly.

We had 2 large tv's, 2 double beds, and 2 twin beds that folded down from the wall and a fold out couch. Refrigerator and sink in the living space. Bathroom was granite and tile and the shower was large and had 2 shower heads (one rain head). Shampoo, conditioner and body wash in wall containers. Pleny of fluffy towels and a large mirror.

With 6 girls, this was the room for us! The worst thing about the room was the view, but who cares when the inside is so wonderful!

Also close to a subway station. Would definately stay here again and have already recommended it to several!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Jasmine G, Manager at Tryp by Wyndham New York City Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the TRYP Times Square South. I am glad to hear that we could meet your needs with our facilities and location. Indeed our location is perfect for guests wishing to venture out and enjoy the city via Mass Transit. Thank you again for choosing our property, we look forward to accommodating you in the near future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the Tryp for one night on business on September 18th. I didn't want to check out!! I was treated like royalty when I arrived. The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. I payed for a standard room but was upgraded without even asking to a suite. The room was well designed, comfortable, quiet and spotless. The shower was one of the best I have used and I have stayed at many 5 star hotels. The plush robes and slippers make you feel like you are at home. The location is perfect and walkable to most destinations. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to New York.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed in a premium room, and it was very nice. Our room was huge for NYC and had a wet bar, desk space, living room, and even two large TVs. It was also impeccably clean and exceptionally quiet for being right downtown. The concierge was very helpful in getting tickets and giving advice. The hotel itself is within a close walk to Times Square and shopping, and the subway.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren_Nichols
Herbert P, Front Office Manager at Tryp by Wyndham New York City Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2016

What an outstanding review! We loved having you as our guest, and all of us had a great time making sure your experience was the very best. Your comments really make all of us here at the TRYP Times Square South glow with pride! Take care, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

My friend and I recently stayed at the Tryp for 6 nights. By NYC standards, our double room was huge--definitely larger than most other NYC hotels we've stayed at. The room was well laid-out with efficient use of space. I loved the Keurig coffee maker in the room, also. Staff was helpful. Location is excellent, close to Penn Station. We get to NY on business at least twice a year and would definitely return to the Tryp as our first choice hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank shopgirl1
Jasmine G, Manager at Tryp by Wyndham New York City Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you for choosing the TRYP Times Square South. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments, and we really look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was only 3days in NY but everything worked out :-) ! The hotel is perfect for a short trip ,perfect location . Subway 200 meters ,a cheap bike rental in they same street and the bus terminal pourt authority station 5 min away .highly recommended to everybody. Go there and enjoy yourselfs :-)

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank thommygu82

Short, sweet, and wonderful! Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We look forward to seeing you again and hopefully for a longer stay! Take care!