“Family trip” 3 of 5 bubbles

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Family trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Purchased discount tickets at red stairs Times Square....having a 16yr old boy with us had to kind of pick something he wouldn't mind. It was okay not on Lion King or Wicked standards wouldn't have paid for full price tickets. Anyone with small kids would love as Spiderman flies throughout the sky.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Nicolar123

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“!!! Amazing Experience !!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

First and foremost, the Spiderman Broadway show is no longer in New York City. The last shows were held in December of 2013. With that said, on to the show! We arrived to the show approximately 30 minutes before it started, and it was a packed house. Everyone was either seated or going to their seats. We sat under the mezzanine and had no trouble viewing the stage from that distance. Although, be aware if your short and a tall person sits in front of you, you will have to move your head around. Once it was 8:30, the lights went off and the show had started, they are very prompt on timing, so don’t be late.

My seat was a bit of a push to get to; luckily the place is usually packed with tourist, so they were not rude at all. I’m only 5’4″ and I have a petite figure, I was wearing my coat and had a handbag with me which I pushed under my chair. I took off my coat to sit comfortably, but still found the seats to be small. I felt like I had to hold my arms together so I wouldn’t touch the person sitting next to me. More so, the person who sat next to me had her arm rested on the armrest, but I still felt her arm touching my arm. The seats were a bit of a disappointment.

During the break, I went to the bathroom, the line was very long, so do make sure to rush out. One good thing about sitting near the exit was leaving for the bathroom and when exiting to leave the auditorium. The stairs are small but large, go up and down slowly, I say this because I fell to the floor. I still don’t recall how it happened, it was so sudden, but luckily I didn’t hurt myself.

Overall, the play was great; it starts off with a musical and gives a brief description of how the Spiderman came about. This is very convenient for those whom are unaware of the story line and never watched the marvel cartoons or read the comics. It starts with a myth like character who explains how she is now cursed and helps Spiderman-Peter Parker when he is in trouble. The set up of the stage is nicely done, from the lab scenes, street fighting, train tracks, balcony scene with Mary-Jane, and when Peter is in school. The Green Goblin goes a little out of his character to interact with the audience, which I loved. He was a great impromptu and made the crowd laugh. Spiderman himself was good and he does fly occasionally over the audience, which gives the crowd a little something to look forward to!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank AdnanSamia
Lowell, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Take The Kids or skip The Show”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

So much hype for so little content. If you want to see a Broadway show pick another, if you want to see flying go to a Cirque show. The kids will love it. I will say the WO an who p,days Arachne is amazing vocally but that was the only highlight for me.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Burntsugrr
Valinhos, SP
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“I think that could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I watched the spectacle at novembro/2013. There are several boring scenes with songs that make us sleep. There on the other hand the wonderful scenes of flights Spiderman. If you have to decide for this show and another, I am in doubt in recommending this.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank drika s
Brisbane, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great performance!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

It's different from the typical Broadway shows and the stunts were spectacular! Loved it! I recommend getting good seats so view of the stage will not be blocked. Expect lots of "flying around" by Spiderman.

Visited November 2013