“Fun for superhero fans”

Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great flying scenes & costumes make up for the standard superhero plot. My nine year old grandson loved it! Twice! Since prereviews it changed from strange artsy show to a kid-friendly event.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We wanted to see Spider-Man because U2 composed it and my partner's 2 boys were sure to enjoy it. We were VERY impressed. It was a great show, but what was particularly memorable was our situation in the theatre; we purchased 4 seats in the Flying Zone, right at the front of it (i.e., no seats in front of us). Spiderman flew by us SO many times, we were floored. In the final sequence of the show, he even perched up on the balcony in front of us, turned to us, and gave my partner's 11 year-old boy a thumbs-up. So worth it!

2  Thank joieBC
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We really enjoyed the show. Sat in row U and would have been perfect to be 2 or 3 rows forward to see the upper deck landings and take offs. Lots of action - mostly in Act II. Music definitely has the U2 vibe. My 13 year old son wasn't sure he wanted to see a show but named it the highlight of our 3 day stay.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I saw the Saturday matinee show and had a few quick naps at the same time. Outside of maybe 20 minutes of high flying and acrobatics, the show was pretty much a snooze. It really reminded us more of the shows we would see at Universal Studios or MGM theme parks than a Broadway production. This show was cheesy and poorly developed. Even a child behind us tried to whisper "I'm bored" to his parents. Save your money and see Motown the Musical instead!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My first choice for a Broadway show on my family's most recent trip to NYC was The Book of Mormon, but after reading several reviews I decided it was probably too raunchy for my twelve-year old son. I ended up buying tickets for Spider-Man because it seemed like a good option for a family show. I should have bought tickets for Matilda. I did not find any element of Spider-Man - except perhaps the scenery - to be at the level of top Broadway shows (eg, Wicked). The music, singing, acting and even the acrobatics were pretty average. The pace of the show ebbs and flows and ends up being somewhat boring. The acrobatics are not that impressive, in my view, although I suppose very young children will be thrilled. The best thing about the show was the Green Goblin character, who had the best and funniest lines and whose actor had a command of the stage that no other actor - including the who played Spider-Man - came close to achieving.

1  Thank TitoQR