“Awesome experience”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We really enjoyed the show. Sat in row U and would have been perfect to be 2 or 3 rows forward to see the upper deck landings and take offs. Lots of action - mostly in Act II. Music definitely has the U2 vibe. My 13 year old son wasn't sure he wanted to see a show but named it the highlight of our 3 day stay.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Bored...”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I saw the Saturday matinee show and had a few quick naps at the same time. Outside of maybe 20 minutes of high flying and acrobatics, the show was pretty much a snooze. It really reminded us more of the shows we would see at Universal Studios or MGM theme parks than a Broadway production. This show was cheesy and poorly developed. Even a child behind us tried to whisper "I'm bored" to his parents. Save your money and see Motown the Musical instead!

San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Not a top Broadway show”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My first choice for a Broadway show on my family's most recent trip to NYC was The Book of Mormon, but after reading several reviews I decided it was probably too raunchy for my twelve-year old son. I ended up buying tickets for Spider-Man because it seemed like a good option for a family show. I should have bought tickets for Matilda. I did not find any element of Spider-Man - except perhaps the scenery - to be at the level of top Broadway shows (eg, Wicked). The music, singing, acting and even the acrobatics were pretty average. The pace of the show ebbs and flows and ends up being somewhat boring. The acrobatics are not that impressive, in my view, although I suppose very young children will be thrilled. The best thing about the show was the Green Goblin character, who had the best and funniest lines and whose actor had a command of the stage that no other actor - including the who played Spider-Man - came close to achieving.

1 Thank TitoQR
Plainsboro, New Jersey, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Go for the rush tickets”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

While this was an interesting show, I am not sure I would have paid full ticket price for what was not such a great show. Ultimately, your seats decide what type of experience you will receive; hence, if you you are not in the adequately named "flying circle," you will not have the same type of show experience as your fellow theater patron. My husband and I were lucky enough to get rush tickets the morning of the show and although our seats were not in the coveted sections, we still enjoyed it because we knew we had saved 70% over ticket cost and were still seeing a Broadway show.

With this being said, this show is not the Broadway shows of my youth. This is not big band music or huge numbers. Yes, they do try to do the long solo and duet pieces, but the Bono influence makes it more like a rock opera, not a musical. This does not necessarily make it a bad show but you should know this prior to paying over $200 a seat.

Also, the man sitting next to me fell asleep. Enough said.

Goa
“Not Amazing”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

If you really like the story of spider man then its OK to go.
If ur going there because ur going to see stunts and a great show , its a waste of money