“Great Acrobatics!”

56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Great Acrobatics!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Taking advantage of half-price tickets on the day of performance, I bought a couple tickets to Spider-Man on a whim. I usually research the reviews before a major purchase, but this time I was impulsive. I was leery and ready to leave at intermission if I didn't like it, but I have to admit the play was surprisingly good. The music (written by Bono) was contemporary and catchy. The lyrics were a little cheesy, but it is a superhero's love story. The acrobatics and sets make this a memorable experience. Spiderman soars overhead to the delight of the audience. A word of warning to parents of young children: Some moments might be considered dark and scary. In fact, the family behind us had to leave because their young son kept crying. I'm sure that's the exception since most children were cheering and applauding. The musical has broad appeal to the young and not-so-young.

Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Did not impress”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was not impressed by the show. I would probably only give it a 3 or 4 out of 10 and it only got that for the part that Spidey was flying around. I didn't like the music, the songs were NOT memorable, the set was confusing at times -- nothing (besides the flying) wowed me. However, if Spidey is a must see for you - then go. This review is only my opinion and you may really enjoy it.
I attended with my 12yo son and our seats were: FLYING, row E, seats 104-105. Was great when Spider came around and landed by us, however with my son saying that the show was "only okay" at the end of it and asking "when can we go see Lion King again" I think said it all.

(also we had the understudy playing Peter Parker as our show - so not sure how much that effected the entire show. However, I don't think having the main actor would have changed the review much since it would not have impacted the music style itself, the set, and the songs)

Visited March 2013
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Much better than we expected, great entertainment and can't be seen in West End!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We bought tickets for this at the Times Square Ticket booth - well worth queuing for an hour as got fanastic seats at fraction of the price we'd been offered either at the Theatre or other places in New York and exactly where we would have picked, given the choice, centre of the royal balcony so could see all the action!

We chose this as we can't see it in the West End, London - am sure the other shows are great but as we were in New York we wanted to see something exclusive to being there!

If you have seen the Spiderman movies then you know what to expect - it's true to the storyline whilst never going to be a thriller or Shakespeare sonnet! The actors all played the parts well and sang fantastically, particular credit to Spiderman, the actress playing his love interest and the actor playing the Green Goblin - all excellent despite, according to the programme, being the under studies (we went to Saturday matinee so this often happens!),

Many actors obviously played the part of Spiderman (when masked so not obvious to kids!!) during the one show but near the end it became clear that the main actor was not just singing but also doing some of the wire work as well!!

If you love Spiderman, or just want to sit back, relax and enjoy you will enjoy this! The music by Bono is quite rocky but with enough pop to stick some of the songs in your head,

We didn't book before our visit due to the price, we got offered tickets with our city passes and still didn't buy them as so expensive, the ticket booth certainly worked for us and for that money we had great seats and a great afternoon's entertainment. I have a grown up Spider Man fan (husband) and a teenage son who's grown up watching the SpiderMan films and neither were disappointed by this musical, quite unexpectedly I really enjoyed it too!

Visited February 2013
Creve Coeur, Missouri
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“WOW! WOW! WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Went to NYC with the kids. While in NYC you 'have' to do a Broadway show right? We were there Thanksgiving week. We had so many choices, Rockettes (OK, not Broadway, but good), A Christmas Story, Elf, were some of the shows we were looking at going to. It just so happened that A Christmas Story and Elf were not going to happen on days we 'needed' to go, so we went to Spiderman by default. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad we did. The music, the action etc were so much more than you expect from Broadway, or at least conception of what Broadway performances 'were' or are supposed to be. The entire performance kept the whole family's attention (two boys 12 and 9). Any seat in the house seemed to have great viewing.I would go again in a heart beat.

Visited November 2012
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Amazing stage set and flying antics”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I am not a comic book or superhero fan, and my husband picked this show for us (and then couldn't go because of work). I was not sure how much I would like it and I ended up really impressed, both with the set and the flying through the air. The stage had props that changed the perspective of Spidey on buildings and that was really cool. The Swarm's costume was impressive. We sat in the row below the start of the balcony, which was great to see all the flying. If you were in the first rows, you'd end up looking behind you a lot.

Visited February 2013