“Awesome!” 4 of 5 stars

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Great show! Sort of a modern day love story, meets super hero with some really funny moments.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Astoria NY
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wear a helmet and Hearing protection”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Not worth the price of admission, a joke to Broadway shows. Its just a who has the bigger bankroll in the producer world - everyone loses with this awful thing on Broadway.

Bangor, United Kingdom
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 147 helpful votes
“It's quite good but not spectacular.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I went to see this for my 21st birthday and having read reviews, visited the website etc I kind of got my hopes up.
We got orchestra seats so our view was very good but not worth full price, make sure and get a promo code or go to tkts first!
The play is quite good but the storyline could've been better and it was weird that Spiderman's best friend (Green Goblin's son) wasn't in it.
The first half is pretty boring and i'm not hard to please. The couple sitting beside us left half way through.
There's a lot of high flying action in the second half which is enjoyable but the main character that plays Spiderman kind of gets too much credit. His voice wasn't great and it wasn't him swinging from the ceiling the majority of the show.

It was cool to say I've seen Spiderman on Broadway but I wouldn't go back.

Wayne, Pennsylvania
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“Absolutely Incredible...Must Go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

My husband surprised me with tickets for Christmas as this is a show I have been wanting to see (even though I am not a Spider Man fan and saw none of the movies) because of the initial hype it received. I knew he had paid full price for the Flying Circle seats at the Feb. 4th matinee but became very worried after reading so many negative reviews here. As a faithful reader/contributor of Trip Advisor reviews, it's ranking of #95 of things to do in the city made my heart sink. I have been to MANY of the biggies on Broadway and figured this would be an expensive bust! Well, let me tell you, we were totally blown away by every component of this spectacular show!! I encourage everyone to see it for an experience you'll never forget!!! (And now I'm headed to the library to rent the movie!)

Essex, UK
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Two hours and $300 waisted! A poor, unfinished production.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I was really looking forward to this, I'd read the bad reviews and wanted to prove them wrong, but I couldn't.

I've seen stage shows and musicals all over the world, London, broadway, LA, Vegas.... A lot of shows in a lot of places and this was by far the worse. It felt unfinished, like they had rushed the release to claw back some of the millions it cost to put together.

The first scene was great, I thought if the rest of the production is like this then we are in for a treat, but that was it. The singing was dreadful, the harmonies were cringeworthy and 50% off the time when more than two of the cast were singing you couldnt even understand what was being sung. The special effects were non existent, wow a single flying person, have the production team not seen some of the cirque du soleil shows? Far more technically challenging.

They also had to halt the performance at one point due to a technical error and it was obvious that other parts of the performance were missing, at one point a group were on stage singing, well trying too and pointing into the sky, but there was nothing there, it was obvious spidey should have been swinging around the auditorium.

I'm sorry, but this was a poor performance from what seemed like a poorly produced musical. I just could not see where the tens of millions had been spent putting this together!

Do yourselves a favour and spend your money on any other show on broadway but not this.