“Greatest Broadway Musical Ever!”
Review of The Book of Mormon

The Book of Mormon on Broadway
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Hands-down, best musical ever to hit Broadway. No question. This show is NOT FOR EVERYONE! If you are even remotely easily offended or insulted, do not go see this show. If you are not, then go see this show! It's not just for fans of Southpark but you need that kind of sense of humor. The music is surprisingly good, as well.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

This was my first broadway musical, and I enjoyed the experience, but not the show itself. The theatre is great, the actors are talented, the music is clean, and the overall production quality is 5 star. Unfortunately the content wasn't.

I love rude and offensive comedy, but this was just crass, crude and simply not funny. It felt like the writers (South Park) tried to put in as much offensive material as possible, but it came out as a fairly poor script and storyline.

When comedy that shocks and offends is pulled off well, it is the best you can get. Unfortunately The Book of Mormon didn't pull it off.

I looked around the theatre and cringed at how the 100% white crowd in their nice clothes sat there and raucously laughed at this show as used Africa, black people, aids, rape and religion as subjects for supposed 'humour'. Look at Louie CK, Gervais and Larry David for how to properly execute this material.

1  Thank Angus863
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I knew when I came to NYC that this was a show I really wanted to see. However tickets are pricey and I am a poor college student. My friend and I did the lottery and what happens is that you put your name in a container 2 1/2 hours before the show and they draw names 2 hours before the show. You can request 1 or 2 tickets. For this particular show, they had 20 tickets to give away. On average, 150 enter the lottery. They started to draw names and I was the second person they drew! I got my tickets for $32 each and we had perfect seats in the front row, center. They also give you a commemorative button saying that you won the lottery which I thought was super fun.

The performers were absolutely amazing. The humor can be considered offensive, but you have to go into the show knowing that this was created by the team behind South Park. Even through the humor and jokes, there was heart in the characters. It was a great first Broadway show to see and I would suggest seeing it!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

You think you are ready for this but without a tenna lady you are not!
Absolutely fabulous, the singing was just brilliant the cast made for it and OMG did I say it was brilliant!

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Great laugh.
Was excepting Book Of Mormon to be so much more crude & vulgar. I would definitely watch it again, we had a great night.
Would not recommend to see people, extremely religious people (especially Mormons). Our party are all mid-20's & enjoyed the show.
Expensive, but entertaining!!!