“Fantastic and hilarious!! Must see again!”
Review of The Book of Mormon

The Book of Mormon on Broadway
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed January 30, 2014

The most fun I've had to date at a show. The cast is wonderful. We even waited outside like teenage girls to catch a glimpse and get some autograph's on our playbill's.
The show is funny, engaging and full of little surprises. We want to round up all of our friends and family to come back again and again. "Hello"
There is not a bad seat in the house. The Eugene O'Neill theatre is small and that makes this show a blast! Go see for yourself!

1  Thank annette1015
Write a ReviewReviews (3,367)

Reviewed January 29, 2014

If you are offended by blasphemy please don't see this musical as you won't enjoy it.

If you can handle it then you will probably love it. The irreverence and blasphemy are very in your face and testing but in the same way that art can challenge. The underlying morals are very sound and, surprisingly for some, align with the core values (tolerance, forgiveness, understanding, valuing others) of pretty much all the major religions (including the Mormons).

Enough of that Robert Hughes crap - it was a great show which we loved and our girls were relieved to see they were not the only early teenagers in the audience. They went straight back to the hotel and bought the sound track.

And yes the tickets are very expensive.

I should have bought a frog.

1  Thank Fairway_Smooth
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is not a religious experience - this is a chance to laugh at sterotypes and overzealousness. Great acting and sets. What I wanted to see was one of the African characters wearing a "loser Superbowl" shirt - as I understand all those are donated overseas. Would have been so appropriate given the upcoming Superbowl.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Love the music especially the beginning with the humour. Not sure about the Uganda part, lady next to me was rather concerned for the Mormon population sake, and some parts close to knuckle!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Book of Mormon.....My wife and I had the shocking DIS-pleasure of attending a 9 time Tony Award winning play while in New York City. Mind you the tickets where $475 a piece, a gift of a very generous person. I have to say I did not find it funny, I did not find the tunes catchy, I did not find the story line comedic in any way. Just the opposed.. We found it very distasteful, reprehensible and blasphemous. When the second song in the show is a song that is titled "Hasa Diga Eebowai" translated F%&k you God".... really? And if that was not enough the crowd applauded vigorously. The show references an AIDS infected Ugandan sharing his desire to have sex with an infant to rid himself of AIDS and the brutal act of female circumcision. Both real acts that take place in the savage country of Uganda on a daily basis as practices that are commonly accepted. Should these brutal acts be exposed to to the World to condemn? YES. But in the form of a musical comedy? NO. The satirical references to Jesus and God were overwhelmingly offensive. At one point I felt as if I was in a scene from the Bible preparing for the Sodom and Gomorrah events. If this is what we as a society have fallen to we are in desperate need of a moral self examination. As many of you may know, we are not stuffy religious moral prophets. But I ask one question. If this play was based on Catholic, Judaic or even more taboo religious group of Muslims would this play have even opened on Broadway? I think NOT. Do yourself a favor.....avoid this garbage and alert any of your friends and family to do the same. I wish I had. In short... Book of Mormon is one to avoid.

11  Thank alemanjohn