“OMG !”

The Book of Mormon on Broadway
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I saw The Book of Mormon last week and I must say it was THE best play I've seen. I am a huge fan of South Park, so I totally got the theme and quirky writing from the producers. It was seriously laugh out loud humor, however it will definitely offend anyone with a strong religious belief. So you have to go with an open mind, as it is a parody about religion, and it is very explicit ! The acting and set design was fabulous. I would not hesitate to recommend this play to my friends & family. I would pay the same ticket price to see it again !

Write a ReviewReviews (3,368)

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We saw The Book of Mormon on Broadway and loved it. The show had been recommended by a couple of fellow Aussies as a “must see” when in New York and we’re glad we did. It is from the guys responsible for South Park and Avenue Q, so if you are easily offended by explicit language or satirising of organised religion, I’d suggest you read some of the Trip Advisor reviews that have rated it “Terrible” and make a call as to whether it is for you.
It was our first Broadway musical and it was quite a show – enjoyed the storyline even though knowing little about Mormons, past the doorbell ringing and “uniform” and the spectacle was great. It was more irreverent and “inappropriate” than I expected, but was thoroughly enjoyable.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have never been to a show that moves this fast! Pay attention and enjoy yourself because it will be over before you know it. Never has 2 in a half hours passed so quickly. Read up on some Mormon basics so you can get the inside scoop on the jokes and lyrics because while the show is extremely giving with its information it also expects you to be smart enough to pick up its allusions. It is explicit, rude, endearing, heartfelt, laugh out loud hilarious and every single moment is packed with excitement. The music has incredible range and is amazingly eclectic: pop, rock, ballads, chorus, classical....the tunes are really catchy and the lyrics are brilliant. SEATS: I sat in Row M all the way on the side and was still able to see everything. Row M basically felt like sitting in row G in a bigger theatre: you are close to the stage and you don't even know it- so wherever you sit you are bound to get a great view!

1  Thank ShanaRS
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was very lucky to score tickets for this; I'd gotten the last two tickets available, three days before the show. I'm glad I did, because The Book of Mormon is one of the funniest, most thoroughly entertaining musicals I've been to in a long time. The story was fun, the cast was amazing (Matt Doyle and Cody Jamison Strand make a perfect comic pair), and the music was hilarious and so catchy.
People often say that this musical 'isn't for the easily offended', and I agree, though I guarantee that if you see it with an open mind, you're sure to love it! A bit pricey, but if you ask me, definitely worth it.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

It was incredibly funny from start to end, consistently throughout. Some prior understanding of the Mormon faith is required to understand the jokes. Full of sexual reference and explicit language, not for the easily offended, however if this is your humour, you will find this hilarious. Don't forget this is written by the creators of South Park. They have outdone themselves with this musical. Also great acting, singing and dancing, as one would expect to see on broadway.