“A must see while in Chicago”
Review of The Book of Mormon

The Book of Mormon on Broadway
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This was our 2nd Broadway show and we loved it! The acting and singing was fantastic and it was very entertaining. It was one of the highlights of our Chicago trip. (If you are easily offended by religious jokes you might not want to see this. And it’s definitely not suitable for kids.)

Write a ReviewReviews (3,368)

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Some musicals leave you feeling hopeful, sentimental or wanting to fall in love. This is SO not that musical! I expected to like Book of Mormon; I thought it would be somewhat funny and that the music would be decent. I didn't expect to laugh until there were tears in my eyes and like the music so much but realize, I can never buy the CD because it's way too offensive. I have been recommending it to everyone and may even see it again when it travels to Houston. Great show!!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Hilarious play, great venue. For those that don't know, the play pokes fun of the Mormon missionary process. It could offend some patrons. However, we thought it was entertaining and worth the "splurge". Note: Not suitable for children.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I now know why The Book of Mormon is such a hit and it is so hard to find tickets....this play is so funny. I knew everyone said the play was irreverent, but I was pleasantly surprised and pleased with the play's story line and the creativity. The list price on our tickets was $155.00 and I ended up having to pay $250 a seat but felt it was well worth the money. All of the actors were cast so well for their parts and their timing was amazing. If you have a chance to see The Book of Mormon while in NYC to pass it up!! Enjoy and just be ready to laugh!!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

This show was excellent, well acted, very funny, sets were great. If you are offended by jokes against The Latter Day Saints you will not enjoy. But if you can see the comedy in religous traditions you will enjoy this...even men who don't do musicals will love this well written play! The tickets were very pricey but I rationalized as we go to a play about once every 5 years...worth every penny to see this play.

As for the theater - one of the oldest, so very small seats with no leg room and the rest room is in the basement so if you are upstairs it is 2 flights of stairs...with a line stretching from the bottom floor to the top floor on the stairs during intermission...plan accordingly!