“Simply Slammin'”

Neighborhood: East Village
North Jersey/NY
“Simply Slammin'”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We attempted (like most people) to go to Clinton Street Baking Company, but with a straight face the Hostess told us that there was a two-hour wait (!?!?!)

We headed back down Clinton in search for some grub. What a joy that we found Cornerstone. The wait was brief (10 minutes) and we sat down for what turned into an excellent experience.

Customer service was great. Coffee: hot and tasty. Mimosa: bubble and equally tasty.

The french toast is the BEST (read: the BEST) that I've ever had. They serve turkey bacon (small victory) with potatoes and a small side salad. My hubby had the pancakes and they were light and fluffy. No syrup necessary.

We have every intention to return and sample more of what the menu has to offer.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank TravelsMyMidleName

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“Great alternative to Clinton St. when the wait is too long”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Cornerstone has great breakfast and brunch options. If you try to go to Clinton St. Baking Co. and the wait is crazy long (it usually is) this can be a great alternative. Cozy little corner cafe in the East Village.

I posted on article on my blog about eating in the East Village. You can find it here if you are interested in more East Village restaurants:

• Visited July 2012
New York City, New York
“I really wanted to like this place, but couldn't”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My wife and I went there on our way to a show.
Downtown Manhattan on a Saturday night is lively.
Lots of people out to have a good time.
So, the vibe was very good when we came into the restaurant.
The servers were very pleasant. But that's where good things ended.
While pleasant, service was actually quite poor.
3 requests and over a half hour to get a glass of water (already bought cocktails, food, etc).
Even when it came time to get the check, it took forever. And you'd think that's something they want to give you!

The food was not only very mediocre, but it made my wife sick.
She also noticed that a number of people spent quite a bit of time in the bathroom.
Couldn't help noticing as there is only one! Not even separate men's and women's.
Just one bathroom in a place whose food causes you to need the bathroom.
There just isn't anything good I can say about our time there.

• Visited May 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
“Nice little place in LES”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We ended up here when we were going to get pancekes at Clinton Street Baking Company, but we didn't wanna stand in line, so we kept walking and found this place.

Very nice atmosphere, cosy little place.

I had the pancakes with blueberry compote, which I didn't like. It's just that I'm not a fan of American pancakes it turns out (maybe I prefer the Swedish ones because I'm Swedish). Even though I didn't like the taste, I could tell that they were well made.

I also had the super green smoothie which was very tasty and I felt a million times healthier after two days of unhealthy yet delicious American delights (cupcakes and brownies).

• Visited April 2012
Queensland, Australia
“Good food...good service”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Had the delicious French toasts here, lots of fresh fruit and free coffee refills...I like!

Came after 9:00am on a Saturday morning...no wait