Hotel Riverside Studios
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$197
$186
  • Room Service
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$161
$124
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $175/night.

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$197
$180
GardenInn.com
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$159
  • Bar/Lounge
$134
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$284
$242
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$135
$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$139
Cancelon
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I guess this is not technically a review, but wanted to give everyone a heads up. The times my family and I have traveled to NYC (plenty of times) we have stayed at hotel Riverside Studios. It was not a fancy hotel AT ALL...but it suited our needs. The room was always decent (clean sheets, mini fridge, bathroom) although we did have to share a bathroom with other tenants. Fortunately, we did not experience anything extremely horrible that other visitors did. It was a good place to crash at night. Anyway, I was planning another trip out there and was trying to book a room at this place but saw that all of their dates were booked online. So, I decided to call and see if I could book a room. The person who answered the phone told me that they were no longer allowed to rent out their rooms since they got in trouble with the city of New York. I guess this ties in with the police officer story that someone shared on this page a while ago. I am sure many people will be happy that this place has closed its doors to the traveling public; I, on the other hand, am bummed out. It was the cheapest hotel (in a nice area), I could find in Manhattan, close to everything. Now I have to go find another hotel that is inexpensive, where I don't have to share a room with complete strangers (like in a hostel), Anywho, just wanted to make sure I tell people in case someone was thinking about booking a room at this place.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank mcl777
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I wanted somewhere to stay in Manhattan that was cheap but close to everything. This place is perfect for that! It's not a Hilton...but the room felt as cozy as any other hotel. The building is old and seems to be mostly all original so it looks a lil run-down....but personally I like the old rustic look/feel. The room was CLEAN and the sheets smelled and felt fresh, the room had a bed, fridge, sink, table, bed and TV....bathrooms are shared with others on the floor (but you use it privately - meaning not a locker room bathroom). The location is awesome - 2 blocks from subway station, few blocks from central park, quiet and NICE neighborhood. If you're travelling to NYC to be out of your room for most of your stay then this place is great!!!! If you're looking for a romantic-stay in your hotel room alot type of get-away...then this is the wrong place to stay. NOTE: this building was built as a luxury hotel in the 30's and went through a phase where it was "single occupancy apartments" and still serves as apartments for some people who have lived there 20-30 years.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank smiling4ever
Reviewed January 1, 2012

we arrived in NY expecting alot, we got alot! the showers had hair i them, we had food under the bed, and the long dirty hallways felt like we were walking in a horror movie. we never saw any staff other than the grumpy receptionist.
... interesting, yes

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank samgillett7
Reviewed December 1, 2011

This cheap hotel I can recommend for it's location near the Central Park, the hotel is situated in very beautiful and silent street with nice buildings... Hotel room is simple, the restroom is on the floor, but no problem, very clean, and not so much people for one restroom...

Room Tip: In New York is better to prefer location then hotel rooms, suites...It is the city that never sleeps...so the rooms should not be so important.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marcela K
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I was looking for a cheap place to stay in the centre of NYC, that was convenient for seeing all the sites, going clubbing, and in a safe location. This hotel ticked all three boxes.

Although the place was moving with bugs, there were cigarette burns in the duvet cover, the walls were filthy, slander was scrawled over the "Do not disturb" door hanger, scorch marks on the walls, the radiator didn't work, and the fan in the window was held in with duct tape. But I liked it. We shared a bathroom with the whole floor and the window (that looked out on to an alley) didn't close. So everyone could see you. But still I liked it!

It was in a great location, five minutes walk from Times Square - the neighbourhood was really nice and there was a great little eatery just down the road. If ever I was to go back to NYC I would stay there again. There was a sink in the room and the bed was very comfortable.

... A little bit of dirtiness never hurt anyone.... Right?

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends