Hotel Riverside Studios
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$296
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$170
  • Pool
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$239
  • Room Service
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$322
$219
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$267
$247
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$134
  • Restaurant
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Room Service
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$279
  • Fitness center
$303
$254
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I was looking for a cheap place to stay in the centre of NYC, that was convenient for seeing all the sites, going clubbing, and in a safe location. This hotel ticked all three boxes.

Although the place was moving with bugs, there were cigarette burns in the duvet cover, the walls were filthy, slander was scrawled over the "Do not disturb" door hanger, scorch marks on the walls, the radiator didn't work, and the fan in the window was held in with duct tape. But I liked it. We shared a bathroom with the whole floor and the window (that looked out on to an alley) didn't close. So everyone could see you. But still I liked it!

It was in a great location, five minutes walk from Times Square - the neighbourhood was really nice and there was a great little eatery just down the road. If ever I was to go back to NYC I would stay there again. There was a sink in the room and the bed was very comfortable.

... A little bit of dirtiness never hurt anyone.... Right?

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank Dagadooga
Reviewed November 6, 2011

It's certainly not worth the $128 I paid for it. Only thing I will give it is that I have worked at summer camps and lived in a tent for a summer which was better but the sheets were clean. The police officer story: we went to the vending machine for a snack and when we came back 3 officers asked if we lived there? We said no and they said well there has been complaints by residents who said its being used as a hotel. We said we were staying the night and they told us that it is not allowed to be used as a hotel and who did we get the room from. I said travelocity and they said well try and get your money back. SERIOUSLY if they are right and why would they be there if not, then believe me when I say, its NOT a hotel!

MY FIANCEE WAS SCARED THE WHOLE NIGHT - couldn't afford anywhere else at short notice...

• Stayed: November 2011
6  Thank gmansa80
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I found this hotel after looking for a cheap place to stay in Manhattan.
It is rundown and has minimal services. The hallways and stairways are shabby and the elevator was more hassle than it was worth but our room was clean and roomy and our sheets were not dirty despite what other reviews report. The room had a fridge, air conditioner sink and TV, all relatively new and functional. The communal bathrooms are old but basically clean and functional, except for one of the toilets on our floor that was backed up for a day but the second one was still functioning and not at all busy. The laundry is in the dingy basement and requires lots of coins.
Having said all that we barely did anything but sleep in the room as it is Manhattan after all. It is a great neighbourhood with easy access to the subway and good local restuarants and food shopping (Trader Joes!). In a city with outrageously expensive hotels and much to do it stacks up as good value but don't expect any real standards as it is an old building with no efforts to renovate or update.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank LincolnK
Reviewed October 27, 2011

its the most disgusting place i have ever stayed ..We booked for 5 nights only stayed the one night . As i walked into the front door my face dropped , that holiday excitement disappeared.The entrance was dirty ,then turned right into reception it was worse .At this point i still had hope. When we walked into the room ,i cried . I was born and raised in Africa ,where I have seen some terrible living conditions .What I saw was shocking .The sink , chair ,carpet ,bed linen and walls were dirty ... Then when i went into the bathroom ...oh my gosh ! The thought of it makes me want to cry again. We checked into Hotel Mayfair the next day, it was beautiful.and to think there was just a £100 difference.
DON'T STAY THERE .

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank shorayi
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Well, if you are a rude traveler, this hotel could seems an acceptable place to you. If you are such a person that only books 4 or upper stars hotels, this one could means a terrible experience to you.
Points in favor:
It's near from everywhere in Manhattan island
It's the cheapest hotel in the island
You have shared bathroom, maybe as accident you can know such a beauty girl with few clothes.
Points against:
It smells from the main door to anywhere inside. It's not a vomit smells, but means that it has not a good cleaning and ventilation.
As Argentinean, I could say that it's extremely expensive. In Argentina, with 100 bucks you can book a real good hotel, maybe 5 stars. But considering that it's in Manhattan maybe riverside studios worth it.
Shared bathroom, there's not to much to say about this. If you don't use shared bathrooms, this will be a terrible experience.
In my own advice, If you are such guys that go to new york and dinner in MacDonald's, this is your best option. If you go to new york to live the top stars glamor, just discard this webpage.
Bye!!!