“City Club Hotel is Wonderful!”
Review of City Club Hotel

City Club Hotel
Ranked #305 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We spent 5 nights at The City Club Hotel in New York City in mid- March, 2013.The lobby is tiny and graced by a huge piece of art. Of course most of us don't need a huge lobby, and the really outstanding thing in he lobby is the personnel behind the desk, as well as the doorman/bellman and any other staff we encountered. They make all of the amenities just that much more special. They were very friendly, helpful, and efficient and a credit to their organization. Just behind the lobby and to the left is an attached restaurant. Marvelous French inspired food, and again, wonderful service and friendly faces. The decor is stunning and yet quietly so. If we had somehow had to eat every meal there we would not have been shortchanged! Everything-breakfast, appetizers, wine, entrees, desserts, service-fantastic! Upon getting familiar with our room it became evident that the decor and art in the lobby, some of the hallways, the restaurant, and the rooms was subtle in its coordination. Had it not been it would have been fine, but what it said to me is that the City Club Hotel PAYS ATTENTION TO DETAIL. And that is very comforting and helpful when you are away from home. The location is also tops. We were about 1 1/2 blocks from Times Square one way, and about the same distance in the opposite direction from 5th Avenue. And the theaters were all around us! We even saw Tom Hanks leaving "Lucky Guy" on our way back from "Phantom"! The subway stations were all around us, and one can walk to Saks, Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick's, Grand Central Station, etc. I have stayed at Ritz Carlton's, The Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island (in the room/suite named after and furnished by President and Mrs. Ford), Pinehurst (NC), The Grove Park Inn,(NC) etc. and many hotels internationally. While not historic nor as large, or as well known, the essence and the experience is much the same. We HIGHLY recommend the City Club Hotel! And on any return visits to NYC, we will absolutely NOT look anywhere else, and look forward to staying there again. The room was also quiet as was the whole hotel, and very comfortable.l.Oh,I almost forgot the delicious chocolate chip cookies in the room each night! Overall just a great experience!
Thanks to all,
Betsy and Ray Williams,
Lenoir, NC

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Betsy W

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Everything about this hotel stay was perfect. The staff were amazingly polite and tried to help out as best they could even though I was having a bad day. They were really great. The room was spotless and well decorated. Everything about the stay worked out great

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank duff1987
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Clean - close to Times Square, Rockefeller Center, etc. - helpful staff - reasonably priced - fit our family of 5 well - warm chocolate chip cookies were a hit with our family - nice cushy robes and towels - the shower was spacious and had nice water pressure.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I chose the City Club for a recent weekend stay with three adults and two children. I booked the family suite which consisted of two queen rooms with a connecting hallway that could be locked out so the interior room doors could remain open. We had plenty of space. Along with the queen beds, each room had a window seat that an adult could easily and comfortably sleep on. The room size was average for New York (enough room for a bed, desk/chair, window seat)but I felt the bathrooms were a bit on the larger size. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. We had a small problem with the our room rate showing higher than my confirmation but it was quickly fixed. The hotel is about 1 1/2 blocks away from times square. There is a fantastic diner a few doors down. Breakfast was crowded on a Sunday morning, so get there early. This hotel provides large, soft bath towels and CO Bigelow toiletries. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay as did the rest of the family.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kristy k
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I had to make a last-minute decision to travel into New York the night before a business meeting due to a forecast of inclement weather. I found City Club online, on the same block as my meeting. I had walked by it a number of times - it's out-of-the way, tucked in between the Algonquin and the Iroquois hotels. You have to look carefully for the entrance. When I arrived the staff was friendly and efficient and I was in my room in 5 minutes.

And speaking of rooms ... I was genuinely impressed. Some describe the rooms as small, but I've stayed in smaller rooms in New York. I had a nice, comfortable king size bed (upgrade from what I had booked), large flat screen TV (although the cable channels are a bit limited), and a large bathroom with premium-quality toiletries and bathrobes. A plate of cookies was waiting for me. And best of all...complimentary wi-fi. The room was quieter than most I've had in New York. No noisy guests, no garbage trucks outside in the early morning hours - genuinely a nice experience. I would highly recommend City Club for both personal and business travel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights; first time in NYC, a treat from my husband for my 40th birthday. Great little hotel in a fabulous central location. We upgraded to a king size deluxe room which was lovely. Reception staff always friendly & very helpful. Daily fresh chocolate chip cookies were a lovely touch. Can highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 17, 2013

One of the best kept secrets in NYC. The bedrooms are beautifully decorated and the bathroom is big and that is something for NY. My husband, myself and our 19 year old shared a room to safe cost and although the room was not overly large it had a very big bed and a very long sofa (window) bed and we were able to move around the room with ease. The bathroom is beautifully decorated with high quality toiletries. Instead of mints you get cookies on your bed each night. The front desk (which is tiny), staff were probably the highlight, if it could get better. They couldn't do enough for us. They cheerfully greeted us every time we came in or out and were so helpful. The location is second to none and my daughter and I felt safe walking home at 3am after a long night shopping at Forever 21. Times square is literally around the corner, but you're close to just about everything. I'd go back in a second. Loved it

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family