“City Club - Nice rooms in a great location”
Review of City Club Hotel

City Club Hotel
Ranked #297 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I had to make a last-minute decision to travel into New York the night before a business meeting due to a forecast of inclement weather. I found City Club online, on the same block as my meeting. I had walked by it a number of times - it's out-of-the way, tucked in between the Algonquin and the Iroquois hotels. You have to look carefully for the entrance. When I arrived the staff was friendly and efficient and I was in my room in 5 minutes.

And speaking of rooms ... I was genuinely impressed. Some describe the rooms as small, but I've stayed in smaller rooms in New York. I had a nice, comfortable king size bed (upgrade from what I had booked), large flat screen TV (although the cable channels are a bit limited), and a large bathroom with premium-quality toiletries and bathrobes. A plate of cookies was waiting for me. And best of all...complimentary wi-fi. The room was quieter than most I've had in New York. No noisy guests, no garbage trucks outside in the early morning hours - genuinely a nice experience. I would highly recommend City Club for both personal and business travel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for City Club Hotel

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights; first time in NYC, a treat from my husband for my 40th birthday. Great little hotel in a fabulous central location. We upgraded to a king size deluxe room which was lovely. Reception staff always friendly & very helpful. Daily fresh chocolate chip cookies were a lovely touch. Can highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 17, 2013

One of the best kept secrets in NYC. The bedrooms are beautifully decorated and the bathroom is big and that is something for NY. My husband, myself and our 19 year old shared a room to safe cost and although the room was not overly large it had a very big bed and a very long sofa (window) bed and we were able to move around the room with ease. The bathroom is beautifully decorated with high quality toiletries. Instead of mints you get cookies on your bed each night. The front desk (which is tiny), staff were probably the highlight, if it could get better. They couldn't do enough for us. They cheerfully greeted us every time we came in or out and were so helpful. The location is second to none and my daughter and I felt safe walking home at 3am after a long night shopping at Forever 21. Times square is literally around the corner, but you're close to just about everything. I'd go back in a second. Loved it

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel very much delivers as promised. For the price and location, it is difficult to beat. My room was very clean, quiet and tastefully decorated. I had to spend the better part of my first day working in my room. The wifi worked well, and the staff and food in the hotel were really great. I picked the location on this business trip because I wanted to see the MOMA after I was done with work, and it is close enough for a run through central park. I could not have done better - had considered staying at the W, as I have stayed at many W's, but I was happy that I came here instead.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2013

So close to time Square! Walk out turn right, and your in the middle of time square. The room was very clean, the bed was huge! The bathroom was granite tiled it was beautifull. No noise from the city. We slept really well ! The Seconde floor lounge area has a wonderfull seating room. They leave cookies instead of mints. Yummy!! :) I would reccommed this Hotel for a weekend stay! It was a great suprise to have such a cute hotel in such a great location! Freindly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are fantastic! Bigger beds!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I loved this hotel. It's a little gem in the Midtown Manhattan area that's a few steps away from the action of Times Square, Macy's and more. The concierge and employees were friendly, courteous and helpful and the room I stayed in was very modern and comfortable.... the perfect size for a weekend stay. Comfy bed, plush towels and robes, ipod/phone dock station and more. My room was on the second floor and I didn't have any view as the hotel is stuck between 2 buildings but I didn't stay in my room much so that really was no big deal. There is a restaurant downstairs that I didn't have a chance to try out but it seemed very busy every time I passed it. I highly recommend this hotel to every one and plan on staying there for my future visits to NYC.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

You can't beat this mid-town NYC location. Sure, the rooms are Manhattan-sized, but still well-appointed and quiet. The desk staff were friendly and always helpful with greetings, printing email, storing luggage or suggesting eateries, sports bars or the best place to buy a baguette. Discounted parking and gym access are nearby. The lobby area is no impressive edifice, but a smiling midnight desk clerk sure makes up for the decor.

I left my mobile phone in my room as I headed out and before I could reach the lobby, cleaning staff had found it and called down to head me off.

I found a variety of deals via jettsetter.com and the straight-on hotel website. I plan and hope to stay there again.

Thanks, City Club!