“Great Location - Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of City Club Hotel

City Club Hotel
Ranked #201 of 479 Hotels in New York City
Lander, Wyoming
“Great Location - Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

You can't beat this mid-town NYC location. Sure, the rooms are Manhattan-sized, but still well-appointed and quiet. The desk staff were friendly and always helpful with greetings, printing email, storing luggage or suggesting eateries, sports bars or the best place to buy a baguette. Discounted parking and gym access are nearby. The lobby area is no impressive edifice, but a smiling midnight desk clerk sure makes up for the decor.

I left my mobile phone in my room as I headed out and before I could reach the lobby, cleaning staff had found it and called down to head me off.

I found a variety of deals via jettsetter.com and the straight-on hotel website. I plan and hope to stay there again.

Thanks, City Club!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Lowell, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I absolutely love this little gem. It's an adorable boutique hotel in a great location. I first stayed here about 4 years ago and I can't imagine staying anywhere else while in the city! The management and staff are very friendly and helpful and will go above and beyond to accommodate you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Small room - think your college dorm room but cute. The bench seating is awesome; there is very little wasted space in the room.

Hard to spot on the street as the entrance is subdued compared to the Sofitel a few doors down.

Comfortable stay. 5 blocks or so from Grand Central Station. Good restaurant downstairs. No view, at least from the room I used.

I would stay here again if I only needed for a night or two, or didn't plan to spend a lot of time in the room.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Btravelsalot
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I recently moved to Boston from NYC and now when I go back for work, I generally just need a place to crash. So I don't need much room.

This hotel was fantastic. I had one of the petite rooms and it was more than enough room. The bathroom was large.. the water pressure was good... and the bed was super cozy.

There was no view---but I don't think a view is necessary depending on the type of stay you.

The turn down service was great.

Loved it :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The purpose of our trip was to celebrate my 30th birthday and was also part of our 'baby-moon'.

Our first impressions of the hotel was that it looked smart but was very small. We originally booked a double bed room, however, as soon as we entered the room we knew it was way too small for our 5 night stay, so I called the reception for an upgrade. We was advised the cost would be an extra $30 a night, which we was willing to pay because the room we was allocated was too small. Unfortunately, their system was down so they wasn't able to upgrade us until the next day. When we went downstairs the next morning to enquire about the upgrade, we received a very nice surprise and they were willing to upgrade us to the queen sized room for free!!! We were very grateful for the free upgrade and was pleasantly surprised at how much bigger the room was. Furthermore, they helped us move all our luggage, so on our return to the hotel having explored the Time Square area, all we had to do was retrieve the keys to our new room.

The bed in the double/petit room was more like a large single bed and my husbands legs were hanging off the edge (he is 6'1) and there was no room to put our two medium sized suitcases nor were there any space to hang our clothes. The double/petit room literally just had a petit bed, with no additional space for desk or chair. However, the queen room that we was upgraded to had a queen bed, with additional seating section by the window as well as an additional section for a desk and chair. Needless to say we were very happy with the upgrade to the queen room and the fresh cookies we received every night was a bonus.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel but only the queen room (if staying for more than 3 nights or more) and the staff were friendly and polite to us during our stay. However, if you are only staying for one or a maximum of two nights by yourself then the petit/double should be sufficient. If we were to visit NYC again, I would stay here again because of the convenient location. The hotel is located between 5th and 6th Avenue and only two blocks from Times Square.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a queen sized room because the 'petite double' is ultra small and the bed...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SamHoi
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I decided to surprise my partner for his Birthday with a night on the town with a few drinks, dinner, and a romantic evening in the city where we don't have to commute back home and mar the mood.

Its hard not to give the hotel 5 stars when you were in the best room of the house. The "Grand Duplex Sutie". It was two levels and with a spiral staircase leading up to the loft Kind Bedroom with full bath. Honestly I could have moved right in. The decor was one part library and one part luxury hotel room. The small Juliet balcony was just big enough to enjoy a drink and listen to the sounds of the city. I think the room is bigger than out condo back home, and the service was impeccable. The lobby was tiny but really what do you need in a lobby other than to check in.

The hotel also houses the DB Bistro Moderne which I recommend for some very accessible french fair. The Hotel is closer to Times Square but out of the way of the crowds. It make a nice little getaway for a weekend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gstorm17
Haverhill, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is centrally located, convenient to theaters, restaurants, bars, and coffee shops. The rooms are spacious with lovely amenities, fluffy beds, and, in our room, a couch along one wall. They have a table and chair and plenty of room for writing or reading. The staff is polite, helpful, and knowledgeable. My daughter and I spent one night at City Club, and were upgraded to an accessible room since she has issues with mobility. We loved the walk-in glass shower and the large bathroom.

Room Tip: I would imagine all rooms are lovely!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family