“A convenient and classy place to stay in NYC”
Review of City Club Hotel

City Club Hotel
Ranked #256 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Haverhill, Massachusetts
“A convenient and classy place to stay in NYC”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is centrally located, convenient to theaters, restaurants, bars, and coffee shops. The rooms are spacious with lovely amenities, fluffy beds, and, in our room, a couch along one wall. They have a table and chair and plenty of room for writing or reading. The staff is polite, helpful, and knowledgeable. My daughter and I spent one night at City Club, and were upgraded to an accessible room since she has issues with mobility. We loved the walk-in glass shower and the large bathroom.

Room Tip: I would imagine all rooms are lovely!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Patty S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was looking for a flight and came across travelation.com. And luckily I checked their hotel deals and got the best one for city club in new-york. Actual price was $439 and I got it only for $373. Very good discount from travelation. And the hotel was great. Their service was very good. Room were very spacious and clean . Such a great room for such a low price was incredible. Thanks to travelation and city club hotel for such great service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tripstar98
Chicago
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed here one night for business and liked the hotel a lot. I was upgraded from a "petite" 1-bed room to a larger room for no charge which was nice. The modern room was beautiful and the bathroom was very distinctive with an all-glass shower although I wish there had been a spot to set my toiletries other than the top of the toilet. Beds were very comfortable with European style duvets.

Their website makes it very easy to check rates on different dates and they vary a lot. My room was $144 on a Wednesday night. I see the same room ranging from $126 to $245 over the next couple of weeks.

I would definitely stay here again but I did have one complaint. As an older building, it has old windows that actually open on to the street and I heard every honking horn and truck engine starting at 4AM when traffic picked up. The windows do not seal well and let in about as much noise as if they were open. Light sleepers should beware.

But if you like boutique hotels I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank baseball_dad
Seymour, Connecticut
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I spent one night at the City Club. We arrived early, several hours before check-in. The woman at the front desk could not have been nicer or more professional. She offered to store our luggage until our room was ready, and she also gave us the option of an upgrade to a larger room for a small rate increase, as we were only staying overnight, and that room was available immediately. We took the upgrade and checked right in. Loved everything about the place. The location is perfect. We drove in from CT and parked in the garage across the street, but had we chosen to take the train it would have been a plesant walk fron Grand Central. The queen luxe room had a HUGE bathroom, comfy bed, and plenty of space for two. We especially appreciated the turn down service with the chocolate chip cookies! The only aspect of the place that may be a turn-off to some (it wasn't for us) is that from our room there was not much of a view out of either window and very little natural light. Other than that, we couldn't ask for a better place for the price, and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again!! Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hollybct
sydney
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The City Club is a boutique hotel. I prefer smaller hotels, I find the service more personal and the service here is excellent. Every front of house staff member were genuine and friendly, but then so was the lady who turned down the beds and left warm chocolate cookies for us. Little things like this make a huge difference. The rooms; well, I booked the cheapest room but as soon as I walked in I realised this room is better for one guest, not two, so I upgraded to a Queen room. The extra charge was expected but they reduced it as I was staying a week. The Queen room we had was perfect, with a huge balcony as a bonus. The bed was very very comfortable. I judge hotels on the beds and the linen used. The sheets here were crisp, clean and of a very high quality, so no need to be concerned if this is a make or break criteria for you. The bathrooms were deluxe, designed in a very masculine style with ample room in both the bathrooms, so Id imagine they are all similar. Gregorys coffee is directly across the road, so you will never be to far away from possibly the best coffee in New York City.
The City Club location in Times Square is perfect for those who want to be close to the action. Everything is a few short blocks away. Rockefeller Centre is about 4 blocks away, times square approx 2-3 blocks. It's a well known hotel, all the cab drivers knew it - nothing else to say really. We spent a week in this hotel during the xmas period and it only cost us $1500 which I think is a bargain considering what the hotel offers in terms of location and amenities. I didn't eat at the restaurant downstairs, which I regret, but it was busy a lot, which I take to be a good sign.
Enjoy the city club, I did. Will I go back? Not sure as I am price driven, so if they offered a great deal then yes.

Room Tip: The front rooms may have a balcony but a noisier. No city views as hotel is only 9 floors.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Sooo comfortable. Beautiful facility. Centre of town. Minutes from Times Square. Elegant bath and comfortable clean room. The cookies were a special treat. They held on to our luggage since we arrived early and they delivered the luggage to our room once we checked in. Everyone is friendly. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013
london
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We've stayed here twice and would happily stay again. The hotel is in a great location and is very stylish and calm. The reception area is small but staff are extremely helpful. The cookies at bedtime are fab although it varied from night to night how many we got - some nights we got one each and others we had to share.

Pros - really comfy bed, spotless housekeeping, lovely bathrooms, lovely toiletries, charming staff, great decor, reasonably priced, great location, next to Red Flame diner so breakfast incredibly easy, free Wifi and newspaper.

Cons - restaurant is too formal and not as stylish as the hotel, even though the lobby is small it would have been nice to have had a little bit of Christmas decor.

As a family of four we found the rooms great - the first time we ended up in a two large beds room but the second time we only got one proper bed and the day bed which only sleeps one. The staff were great in sorting out a camp bed but I would suggest that you check the exact sleeping arrangements of your room beforehand so that you are not disappointed.

We travel a lot to NY and the last 2 times we have needed a hotel we have chosen this one - everyone in the family was very keen to return!

Room Tip: We've had front facing rooms both times and loved these - there's a little bit of street noi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family