“Not sad to be snowed in!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park

The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
Ranked #38 of 464 Hotels in New York City
“Not sad to be snowed in!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

My room on the 22nd floor overlooking the park was breathtaking as the 12 inches of snow began to fall. The bellman were so helpful in getting me to my meeting but the sidewalks were frozen. When I returned the just grabbed my frozen self and carried me in! Yes! I love them! The club lounge was amazing as it should be and enjoyable to watch out the windows. I had an amazing massage. Customer Service was at the top of the scale! I love Ritz Carlton and this is only a few reasons why!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank lacleveland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

After having a superior experience at the Ritz Carlton in London (live piano music, superb tea delicacies) I cannot begin how disappointed we are with today's tea at the Ritz Carlton in NY Central Park. Inattentive service, mediocre treats and tip charged on my credit card when gratuity was given in cash. Strongly encourage their management to seek training from their counterpart overseas - NY deserves better.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank CDACAUA
Erden K, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear CDACAUA,

Thank you for your feedback and please accept my deepest apology for your unpleasant experience with the afternoon tea experience. I regret that you were left with a completely negative impression and please know that regaining your trust and faith in our hotel is very important to us. We certainly look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back and would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you. If you could afford the time, I may be reached directly at this number (212)- 521 6033. I look forward to hearing from you.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed here with friends whilst visiting NYC for 4 nights, and it absolutely did not disappoint. From the first moment we stepped into the hotel it's cosy yet luxurious tone made us instantly relax and feel at ease. The staff are interested, friendly and helpful no matter how small the question. Our room, a 'double double' with a city view (basically a view of the next building), was comfortable and very well equipped - the bathroom was very spacious and coped well with four girls all getting ready to go out at the same time. Would love to return her one day and would certainly recommend this for anyone looking for a luxurious city break.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Ludders27
Dear Ludders27,

Thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park and sharing your wonderful experience. We truly appreciate your kind compliments and certainly look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back and serving you again.

Riga, Latvia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

That was my first visit to NY and I decided to choose at least good hotel, because you never now with the first time. Stayed for 5 nights in a double room. I could say it was a good choice, I was satisfied with the price/quality ratio. Location is perfect as is the staff. Had no opportunity to try out the local dining options as I had too big plans for that short trip. Could sleep very well and the room cleaning was done good.
I forgot my watch in the room and after contacting the hotel reception from the Airport, they found it and shipped to my next destination hotel - San Juan, Puerto Rico. Thanks for that.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Andris B
Dear Andris B,

We are delighted to hear your experience and certainly look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park.

Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Fantastic location on Central Park South, the doormen are so friendly and welcoming. We requested a room with 2 double beds for myself & my Mum which are quite scarce at the hotel. Our room was lovely ans well appointed but with no view whatsoever.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank J H
Dear RedArrow 2013,

We are extremely thankful to you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience.

Naples, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stay at the Ritz Central Park when we are in NYC. They know you, they are happy to see you return, and that great treatment starts at the front door with Joe, Al, Felix, and all the bellmen and extends to the front desk, concierge and then continues to the Bar, where Norman and Eric are true professionals.
Rooms are well appointed, clean and the housekeeping staff is excellent as well.
The location is as good as it gets, bordering CP on the South side and in a perfect Midtown spot.
We will be back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Jjs57
Patrick R, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Jjs57,
I am thrilled to read you were impressed with so many different facets of your stay. All of our ladies and gentlemen such as Joe, Al, Felix, Norman are truly committed to providing the finest personal services and experiences. It is because of their dedication to our guests that we are one of the most iconic hotels in our market. We truly appreciate your wonderful review and look forward to your return visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Just returned home today from a 4 day trip to New York City. The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park is one of the prettiest hotels I've ever stayed in. Starting with location, it is in the best area of NYC. Directly across from Central Park and away from all the craziness of Times Square. You don't need to be in the heart of Times Square to be close to everything. We had no problem walking everywhere even in the pouring rain! We walked the entire stay in New York and the Ritz is convenient to everything. The rooms are impeccable. Very clean and very spacious. I cannot say enough about service. The doormen are helpful and very very friendly. The font desk staff very very courteous. Call for extra towels and within minutes your needs are taken care of. All of the staff were wonderful. Great lounge and restaurant. Wonderful food! Anything you need they will help you. With my next trip to NYC I will definitely stay at the Ritz again! Thank you for a wonderful experience!

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Christine701
Dear Christine701,
Thank you for your taking the time to share your experience. It is wonderful to read that you had a fantastic visit at our property. We look forward to welcoming you back in future.