I stayed for three nights whilst attending concerts at Carnegie Hall and opera at the Met.
Firstly, the hotel location is great, especially for the purpose of my trip. Everything I needed was within walking distance, although saying that I've walked from Central Park to Battery and back before!
The check-in was very functional, not warm and certainly not welcoming. As a Marriott Platinum Elite member I expected better (and have received much better at other Ritz-Carlton hotels), especially when paying over $1000 per night. Unfortunately, check-out wasn't much better - I wasn't even asked if I had enjoyed my stay! Overall, I did not find the staff at all helpful or friendly, and certainly not up to level of service I have found elsewhere in New York. Reading other reviews, maybe I just experienced the staff on a bad weekend.
The room was lovely, looking right down Central Park, well furnished, clean and quiet, although the mattress was too soft for my liking - one night I actually slept in one of the chairs as I found it more comfortable. However, for over $1000 per night, the room (not a suite) was small, although I was almost certainly paying more because of the view. I don't normally use minibars in hotel rooms, but the Ritz-Carlton branded candies and snacks looked too good not to try and they certainly lived up to expectations.
I only had breakfast in the hotel once and didn't think it to be very special and overpriced for what I ordered. The other mornings, I just went out and found a lovely little coffee shop nearby.
This probably one of those hotels you have to stay at once, and for me once was certainly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While constantly on the cutting edge, it is timeless tradition that makes New York City a favorite destination for so many. And whether it is taking afternoon tea in Star Lounge, or joining the noontime ritual of feeding the Central Park carriage horses across the street, guests of The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park will find tradition stands elegantly proud on Central Park South. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz Carlton New York City
- Ritz New York City
- New York City Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Carlton Central Park
- Ritz Carlton Manhattan