The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$326
$271
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$255
$239
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$114
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$193
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
$167
$136
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$159
$120
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
$331
$297
1,635 results
All reviewsthe club loungecentral parkstar loungepark viewnew yorkguest relationsfour seasonsroom servicebeautiful hotelconcierge staffbeautiful rooma wonderful stayluxury hotelcolumbus circlebattery parkthe entire staffturn down service
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We checked in at 6 PM on a Sunday and the person at the front desk was completely clueless. Not a good beginning for such an upscale hotel. The room itself was okay. It was clean.
The real positive of our room was the club level. There they went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable. The food presentations were fresh and tasty. The Spa is not really a spa. It did have a steam room that worked very very well but something truly was missing from the spa experience. The massage therapist was very good. The location could not be beat. Its a lot of money for what you really get, but its NYC after all.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank NPC07
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We booked a Ritz Carlton Suite for 7 night with my wife and 2 children. For more then 800USD a night I have to admit it is very pricey but this is NYC. We booked the limosine service from Kennedy airport which came on time. Check-in took just a few minutes. Our Ritz Carlton Suite was very spacious and had perfect views of Central park. We were also upgraded to a Ritz Carlton suite Club Room. The club had nice food and beaultiful views. Food was very good with a choice of both local and international cuisine. I really liked the Bistro and Bar which serves very nice and tasty seafood. I would defitney recommend it.

Room Tip: Book a club room despite the higher price, they have much better service and views.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Proholiday10
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I could write ten pages about this experience but I will try to keep it as short as I can.

We booked a room for the Macy's Parade View many, many months in advance. We stayed at this hotel about two years ago (I failed to write review) so we somewhat knew what to expect. We were contacted prior to our arrival to find out if there was anything that could be done in preparation for our arrival. One of the few things we requested was not to be given a handicap accessible room. When we arrived after a long messed up day of travel we were placed in a handicap accessible room on the sixth floor. No door on toilet room, no bathtub for our two year old, grab bars all over the place. Called the desk and was moved to another room on the third floor. This room overlooked the top of a scaffolding that had work stuff all over it and blocked the first lane of Sixth Avenue where the parade would be. It ruined the view and would have ruined any pictures I had hoped to take. I called the desk again, asked manager to come to room. It is now around 10pm and I have a two year old! She informs me the rooms I had been offered were all that was left for the parade view but that certain guests were not there for the parade and would be checking out of ideal rooms the next day. At this point I am baffled that I, the customer who paid $1500 per night many months in advance am given the leftover crummy rooms. But someone who is paying probably half that amount and isn't even there for the parade view is in the good parade view room? I got pretty upset-wanted to cry. After going back and forth with the night manager begging her to do something she called with "good news". She had a guest move out of an ideal parade view room on the sixth floor. We had to wait for the room to be cleaned and they comped us dinner at their restaurant while we waited. When we finally got in what should have been our room all along it was perfect.

The room was very clean (maybe the cleanest I've ever stayed in) except the outside of the windows were quite dirty. After a couple of phone calls they came and were able to swing the window open from the inside and cleaned them really well.

The two large windows were perfect for watching the parade. The have a huge ledge you can actually sit in, my toddler stood in, and you can crank them open at the top and hear the sounds.

They really did not do anything special for the Thanksgiving Holiday or for the customers paying huge amounts for the view. Their "Parade View Package" turned out to be nothing beyond the room and hot chocolate on the morning of the parade. That seems pretty silly to me. I don't think someone paying $1500/night for a basic little room is really going to think hot chocolate is a great deal. Besides we aren't eight years old! Hot chocolate?! I would have much rather had a nice welcome note from management saying "Happy Thanksgiving, thanks for staying with us". A small fruit basket maybe? A couple drink vouchers? They often do things like that at Ritz Carlton even if you're NOT there for something special! Disappointing!

I give the rating four stars because the room was very clean (big deal to me!) and all problems ended up fixed in the end. We had an unbelievable view of the parade! But I am still pretty shocked about our initial room assignments and their lack of attention to detail for the guests there for the very costly "Parade View Package".

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank leighbell
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed at the Ritz the weekend of November 30. Very nice hotel, nice room, enjoyable restaurant and bar. Breakfast at the restaurant was very good. Room had no view but clean and nice size. Compared to our stay at the Pierre, I felt the attention to detail at this hotel was lacking.

We didn't use the spa or gym (went for runs in central park). Can't best the location of this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mcdup2012
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The Central Park Ritz is a nice, boutique like property which is well located. Rooms are smallish, but very well-appointed. The lobby is small and very understated. This is definitely a Ritz which flies under the radar and feels more like an apartment building than a hotel.

I have stayed here many times on business. The service is good and it's hard to find fault.

As a business traveler, the hotel is on the pricer side. Rates fluctuate, but it's not uncommon to pay close close to $1000 a night (or more) for a modest non-suite room, which is nearly double the price to stay of the neighboring Essex House (which happens to be a very nice property, at least while it was in the hands of Jumeriah...We will see what Marriot does with it).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business