“Magical”

Ranked #36 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Magical”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

From the moment the doormen open the front doors you know you are somewhere truly special. When we got to the front desk to check in there was already a card waiting on the counter with our name on it. How do they do it?! The doormen greeted us by name as we walked by. How do they do it?
Our room was an interior view but we could still see sky so it felt okay. Bathroom was just beautiful with deep tub and separate shower stall and toilet room. Lovely bath products and amenities such as RC collar stays. At one point a bottle of champagne appeared.
Comfortable bed, perfect location and friendly people. The ultimate in any hotel wish list.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have been in residence at this property for YEARS and never once had an issue! Location perfect, close to and for days of sightseeing, shopping, eating and the best theater in the world BROADWAY. For the first time visitor(s) do the hop on hop off buss and spend an hour or so being driven around learning about areas you might not have time to visit real-time during your firsts stay. NOW Time Square is NOT the end all be all place to hang out, don't do it don't do it. I hear from friends and other travelers that they spent most of their time in Time Square and left thinking NYC was not all that great.

Ok, from the time you drive up to the unassuming doors and the gentlemen meet and greet you with a sincere welcome, you know your in for nothing but the most humble gracious serves! And yes that's what happens. Walk through the doors smell that intoxicating sent in the air and turn left and greet the front desk staff, they will assure each guest they are welcome and at their beckon call for any need you might have!! As the staff guides you to the elevator look left and see the welcoming finely appointed gathering area, they also serve a perfect High Tea. Then into the elevators and up to your guest room, jr. suite or suite, and when booking I suggest a corner Ave/Park view suite and of course the higher you go the better the view, winter, summer, spring or fall the views of Central Park never fail to impress. I also suggest you book a club level suite, or a room/suite with club level access. The Club Room is on the 2nd floor oh shoot is it the 3rd floor? You'll find it. The many "presentations" daily are creative and just plain YUMMY! It's world class style all the way. I have in-laws that can't keep the NYC pace so this is the perfect place to plop them into and go see the city.

The rooms will not disappoint the bathrooms will entice you to primp a little longer and a soak in the tub will ensure you made the right choice to stay here. I had the great pleasure of meeting Ms. Cynthia Chung while in residence one stay, if you ever get to meet this AMAZING woman, you will never forget it! She knows EVERYTHING about her property and it's guests. She is one of the most distinguish woman I have ever met.

Room serves is superb and served with impeccable grace and style, the bath and pillow menus will temp you to try new products and ensure a pleasant slumber.

If you want over the top morsels for dinner, your just an elevator ride away. Men will need a jacket and you women get away with whatever you wear. This is such an elegant dining experience and the flavors will open new taste buds in your mouth, and begging for more. Now for those of you who want to know the "score" just go next door and take that jacket off, order a beer and watch all the sports you want.

I feel like I could go on and on about this property... They are extremely pet friendly and my Westies LOVE driving to the front doors and getting to check in and get to their park view suite and lounge on the window sills and watch out the windows at the park and horses down below.

Gosh have I covered everything? If not let me know, always happy to assist.

Travel smart/safe and enjoy. B

Room Tip: Again no bad room to be had, I like Park View rooms and I really like Park/Ave suites
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank HBAcres
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

True Ritz doesn't disappoint. The staff are knowledgeable, helpful and kind. The location is close to all we wanted eg. Time Square, Central Park, subway etc. yes it is pricy but that is the Ritz way. Bed was comfortable, room had great view. Could not ask for anything more.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank JK_Queen
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is my second stay at the Ritz Carlton at Central Park and, I'm happy to say, it's still my preferred hotel in New York City. My wife and I were greeted at reception as old friends and this set the tone of the service for the remainder of our stay. I booked a city view room and was pleasantly surprised when our attendant pressed the elevator button for the 22nd floor. I was completely blown away when the door opened to a room with uninterrupted views of Central Park. We'd been upgraded and this was the PERFECT way for them to break the news! The surprises kept coming at breakfast when we were shown into the hotel's newly opened restaurant. I mean "newly opened" in that it was still "closed for renovations" the night before. Like the rest of the hotel, the restaurant is simple, low-key sophistication.

As mentioned by many other reviewers, the rooms are elegant and the bedding is first rate. We felt like we were sleeping in a warm cloud. We quickly fell into a deep sleep and were only woken by the alarm we set the night before.

The only hiccup was that our room was set-up for a guest of Islamic faith. Being an Atheist, I had no need for a Koran, didn't need to know the direction of Mecca and would have liked some booze in my mini bar. This said, I couldn't help but think how impressed I would be if I were indeed a Muslim.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank peterjhinton
Lagos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is my report of my visit to New York City, the best city of the world.
I want to share my experience in New York with everybody, probably somebody can use it. We didn’t know what to do, if to flight Lan Chile or Tam. We decided for Tam.
Everybody says Lan Chile, in my opinion the best is Tam. With a short time change of plane in Sao Paulo, it was the best flight I’ve ever experienced. It can only be compared to Swissair ( I went to Zurich years ago). Great plane, clean, immaculate service, delicious food…the best airline. I don’t understand why nobody talks about.

AAs hotel we choose the Ritz Carlton Hotel. t arrival, we were at the hotel in less than 2 hours. We were not wrong, this hotel has the perfect location, right on Central Park close to the best shopping and elegance of New York.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank limahoscar
Sagamore Hills, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

My first time staying at the NY Ritz and I was not disappointed. The doormen and the front desk were very helpful (however, I was disappointed that we were not offered the check in glass of champagne that I am used to at the Ritz...it was there behind the counter, but not offered). The room was large and quiet with all of the extra ammenities expected of a luxury hotel. Had light dinner in the lobby bar, which was very nice, while the restaurant was being renovated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Rock star views (outstanding), elegant , charming, great wines and concierge level treats at the lounge.

Uptight & distant service, awful room service, awful attention on the phone.
The concierge is kind if you go to him or her personally but not by phone, they are always busy.
The suites need blackouts!
The lounge needs an espresso coffee machine.. and a toaster...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family