“Love The Library!”

Ranked #5 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Chicago, Illinois
“Love The Library!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

I understand all of the good reviews, the location and customer service are excellent. At check in, no less than 3 people introduced themselves by name. The doorman changed day to day, but the service level was still extremely high. The room was tiny but very well appointed, nice linens, good use of space. I stayed in a giant suite hotel in upstate NY last night and had a harder time getting ready this morning than at the Library. Had breakfast in the Library Reading Room in the morning - absolutely lovely!

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Love2Fly1111

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (739)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

Having been to the city several times, I've stayed in centrally-located high-end hotels including New York Palace Hotel, but I can safely say my 6-night stay at the Library Hotel was the best experience I've had. Following tripadvisor's rave reviews, I booked the prepay special "Book Lover's Deal" for a deluxe queen room which gave me a 20% discount. There's just nothing much that I can pick a bone with, maybe except for my wish to have a larger TV in the room. Other than that, the rest is simply impeccable. The front desk staff were truly welcoming and extremely helpful and sincere. The bellman greets you with "great day ahead" when you leave the hotel and welcomes you with "good evening, welcome back" when you return, how many hotel staff actually do that? Top-down, the attitude is simply amazing. The room is beautifully decorated, spacious and very comfortable. The bathroom is very nice too. Besides its unique library theme which really sets itself apart from other forgettable hotels, I really have to give my thumbs up for its 24-hour refreshment service (coffee, tea, fruit punch, cookies etc) in the Reading Room. You can even pick up a book to read while having a late-night snack and enjoy the street views outside. I've stayed in scores of hotels worldwide (Asia, Europe, Americas) and I don't think I've ever stayed in one which provide this simple yet missing service. Kudos to the Library management! The continental breakfast was way better than most continental b/f I've had in other hotels. Whenever I can make it, I'd enjoy the wine and cheese reception between 5-8pm which really adds a sweet touch to your stay. I nearly forgot to mention they also provide you with free passes to the nearby fully-equiped gym so if you feel like having a workout, those passes will come in useful. There's also free wifi in the hotel and free internet 24 hours as well. Printing is free of charge too. How cool is all that!
All these made my stay at the Library extremely memorable and wonderful and I can't stop telling all my friends about this gem! Needless to say, this will my ONLY choice the next time I visit the city.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

We took our son (without siblings) for a special trip to New York and booked a Jr. Suite with king bed and pull out sofa. It had a fabulous view down Madison Ave., as the room jutted out of the building. Free breakfast was delightful, room felt like a haven at the end of busy days, staff was very friendly and helpful. We took advantage of a free movie one night. Great location for touring Manhattan. We can't say enough about how much we loved this hotel!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2010

Spent a week at the Library Hotel in July 2010 when it was very hot in New York. The hotel made our stay a pleasure, with great service, comfortable rooms and terrific location. I'd recommend it to anyone planning a holiday in New York.

• Stayed July 2010
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2010

I stayed at The Library for 10 days in July and I have to say that the hotel is possibly (no, is absolutely) the most welcoming, helpful and friendly of all the hotels I have stayed in anywhere in the world! From John and AJ on the door to Isaac and Billy and Nick on the desk...well, just everyone...I couldn't have asked for better. Nothing was too much trouble... The location was fantastic, the breakfast was great, the room was perfect for a city getaway, the wine and cheese each afternoon was a welcome break from the hectic pace of the day before the shower and change for dinner. I really can't recommend it more highly. Suffice it to say - I will most definitely be back. Thank you everyone at The Library for helping to make my first visit to the city one that will forever have a special place in my heart. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2010

Stayed 3 nights on this lovely hotel in july.

Everything is PERFECT, the location, the room, and free breakfast/winetasting every day.

But best at all, the SERVICE at frontdesk/bellmann. They do everything for you................

This is the place to stay in NY.

Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

I've wanted to stay at the Library Hotel since it opened, and it didn't disappoint. The concept is fun and the location is excellent. I would have to say that their #1 strength is the front desk service. Polite, thorough, knowledgeable -- and they addressed us by name every time we walked in or out. Based on my description of the kind of Broadway show we were interested in, they gave us two terrific recommendations. ("In the Heights" and "A Little Night Music", if you're interested!) The hotel was perfectly quiet and conducive to a great sleep. Perhaps the only area that could be improved is breakfast service -- they were quite short on tables and the breakfast staff was a little tentative to help out. But this didn't detract at all from a great stay.