12 people are viewing this hotel
Priceline$386
Hotels.com$343
ZenHotels.com$404
4,978 results
All reviews reading room library theme grand central station dewey decimal system madison and vine rooftop bar new york the ny public library bryant park every evening second floor lounge junior suite complimentary breakfast rooms are small times square midtown manhattan around the corner
Selected filters
Reviewed September 1, 2016

This hotel was exactly as described. Though the rooms were small they were well appointed. The front desk staff were very nice, helpful and professional.This actually applies to everyone who works there. The continental breakfast in the morning and and wine and snacks in the evening were delightful. It was a wonderful calm in a very hectic city. I would feel very comfortable recommending this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 1, 2016

I have recently returned from a 5 night stay in a junior suite at the Library Hotel and couldn't have been happier with it. The service was fantastic, greeted every time we came in, lift called for us, turn down done when we got in (chocolates by the bed, radio playing and blinds drawn). On our first afternoon, it was raining as we left and a member of staff fetched us two umbrellas, which we were grateful for as we hadn't prepared for bad weather in August!
The room was lovely and large, with plenty of room for our two suitcases and all our belongings. Possibly the best part was the views out onto Madison Avenue as well as the Public Library. The hotel is in a great Midtown location, as many of the main tourists sites were within easy walking distance, and Grand Central is close so any other sites are only a subway journey away.
The included breakfast was very good, with a selection of pastries, cereal, bagels which they would toast for you and fruit, amongst other things.
Drinks in the rooftop bar were nice, and the noise from the street below added to the atmosphere without being too loud. We asked for reccommendations for restaurants and tried four of them, all of which were very good, particularly Benjamin Steakhouse, located just across the road, and Toloache Mexican just off Times Square.
On that subject, we were pleasantly surprised at how little we were disturbed by the traffic at night, partly thanks to the blackout blinds. Obviously some noise is expected in a place known as 'the city that never sleeps' but we both slept well. Only small exception was that the air conditioning which was necessary due to the heat was quite loud, but we soon got used to it and it didn't affect our sleep.

So to sum up, an excellent hotel with fab service in a great location.

Room tip: Junior suites have excellent view onto Madison Avenue
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

Visited NYC for a 6 day visit. The hotel and staff were exemplary. A special mention to John, who was friendly, polite and professional, nothing seemed too much. Whenever I'm next in NYC this is where I'll be staying.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2016

I travel to NYC on business quite a bit and decided to try a different hotel in the Grand Central Area. I am sure glad that I did. The Library Hotel was excellent and lived up to all of the stellar 5-star TA reviews. It is true that the location and value for NYC are really good. I also noted that the service and cleanliness of the hotel was also excellent. Throw in newly renovated rooms plus a free breakfast and happy hour and you end up with an excellent stay.

The only negative was some street noise but this is fairly standard for NYC (so I applied no penalty to the rating). There were a number of steel plates out in front of the hotel on Madison Avenue. Starting at about 6 AM each day, they start bouncing as the commuter buses roll over them. This was a nuisance but should be temporary due to a lot of construction in the Grand Central Area. I believe there are probably more quiet rooms in the back.

While I stayed at the Library Hotel for business, I would also not hesitate to stay there for pleasure also. Thus, I highly recommend the Library Hotel for business and/or pleasure!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2016

I can't say enough good things about the Library Hotel. The location, the amenities, the staff - all add up to a wonderfully enjoyable stay. From the moment we booked to the moment we left, we were treated with nothing but the utmost respect and courtesy. The turndown service and the chocolates are a nice touch, and the breakfast and the wine and cheese reception were great - ample food and drink all around with attentive and friendly staff members as well. As the setting of our engagement, the Library Hotel will always hold a special place in my fiance and I's hearts and we very much look forward to a return stay!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple