Library Hotel by Library Hotel Collection
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$326
$271
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$239
Westin.com
  • Room Service
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$193
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$114
$167
$136
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$159
$120
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
$331
$297
4,341 results
All reviewsreading roomwine and cheeselibrary themegrand central stationpetite roomdewey decimal systemmadison and vinebook loversrooftop barlove roomnew yorkthe ny public librarybryant parkevery eveningcontinental breakfastbagelsfloor lounge
Reviewed January 29, 2009

I went to Library Hotel in the end of last year.
I must say it's a very good hotel, I stayed on a Single Room that was not small as I was expecting, the only thing was the safe was on a very high position. The room is decorated with books as well as the breakfast lobby on the second floor. The ambience is very familiar and nice.
The Hotel is very central one block away from 5th avenue in front of New York Public Library

There was some confusion with my return trip to the airport but nothing much...

I would recomend this hotel for a good place to put your money, for example was the only one that didnt changed the prices for the new year.
I would say a perfect gem in NYC

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2009

this hotel is in a great location.. lots of nice places to eat nearby and as others have said some really nice touches to the room, with the book themes and the collection of dvd's you can borrow from reception. My hubby had let them know it was my 30th birthday and they put a complimentary bottle of bubbly in the room which was lovely. The rooftop bar is very nice with excellent views... the petit full rooms are a little on the small side but average size for NY. Would definitely return and maybe splurge on a suite...

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank scarlettBirmingham
Reviewed January 27, 2009

The library is a wonderful, intimate hotel. Wireless internet, gym access, continental breakfast, wine and cheese in the afternoon, all included. I didn't feel like I was being hounded by countless fees like in most hotels. I hesitate to call the atmosphere "club like". I didn't feel a sense of exclusivity as much as being included. The staff is warm and friendly, the guest were relaxed and unassuming. The 2nd floor library is a lovely space open 24 hours a day and providing cookies, juice, tea, coffee, wine and cheese. The small rooms are clean and nicely decorated.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank bouldertodublin
Reviewed January 27, 2009

I am the family travel agent! I worked extremely hard on this specific trip ! October 27 - November 1st 2008...It was a combination 85th Birthday celebration for my mother-in-law and a family reunion for 11 people- two who had never met the others-ala boyfriends and fiances... I began by trusting my fellow trip advisor writers. It took me over a month and a half to decide what hotel would be THE one for Bea! She deserved the Best! When I began the actual booking The Connoisseur at the Library Hotel was exceptional. In very MANY & lengthy discussions we slowly figured out all the details and I mean DETAILS!!! I was polite but very emphatic and was greeted with nothing but pure assistance and personal touches galore! We were in contact constantly and it was always a delight and funny. Very personalized!

The Hotel includes a fabulous continental breakfast which is loaded with fresh goodies. NOT your typical breakfast. It is served in their library sitting room with beautiful views and ambience. Paintings,piano, art work, and of couurse BOOKS to borrow and read EVERYWHWERE!!! They serve complimentary wine, champagne, beer, and appetizers after 5pm in this room as well. There is fresh fruit and coffee 24hrs in here.

The bar is for all of NYC. It is located on the 14th floor with unbelievable views. Couches with a fireplace and even outdoor seating with heaters made it so enjoyable for martini indulging! We loved coming up here to wind down our evening especially with the 21 yr olds!

We booked 6 rooms-each with specifications and surprise EVERYTHING was PERFECT when we arrived. NOTHING was changed or hidden. YEA! Even with two arrival dates, two parties, and from two different states. We were picked up and taken to the airport by The Library Hotel who made the limo arrangements for not much more than a taxi! Worth every penny for the lack of worrying.

I gave him my list for dinners, sight seeing, activities, sports bars, and brunch. We had a lot of fun selecting the venues. I had already selected " Blue Hill" for Beas' birthday dinner. All I can say is SUPERB!!! Outstanding food and service! On Halloween/Fri night no less in Greenwich Village. A MUST DO!!!

Benjamins Steak House was surprisingly excellent! They were willing to seat all 11 of us at one table. A rare find in NYC! Most do not seat more than 6 people at one table. The menu was classic but had many choices prepared beautifully. It is located literally right across the street from the Hotel. So easy to walk to that first night.

He helped me select where to watch The Texas/Texas Tech football game. Our brunch was a wonderful French restaurant - Amore's

Everyone loved their room. Wonderful and different themes on each floor with books to coincide with the Dewey decimal System. The amenities were lovely, elegant and we slept like babies. The linens were divine! Our room was on the 10th floor and the noise was minimal. It's NYC!!! We felt very safe and pampered. The front desk doted on all of us and we received bottles of champagne etc...

To sum up.... A trip of bountiful memories made possible by The Library Hotel
A Ton of Thank You's from Jan King Halbern

4  Thank TexasgalNNorcal
Reviewed January 26, 2009

Our second stay at this fabulous little hotel was as outstanding as the first. Our room was comfortable, impeccably clean, and aesthetically pleasing. What make the Library so special, however, is the friendly and personable staff. They go out of their way to help their guests, answering questions, finding just the right restaurant, giving clear directions about how to get places, and showing a genuine interest in all who come and go throughout the day. I have stayed at many hotels in NYC -- some fancier, some comparable in size and style -- but none matches the warmth and charming character of the Library Hotel. We will be back! Cheryl, Denver, CO

• Stayed: January 2009