“Chic and intimate wedding”

Library Hotel by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #7 of 468 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Chic and intimate wedding”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

FIrst of all, I would like to thank the event coordinator at The Library Hotel for making our special day perfect! My hubby and I were married there this past fall on the rooftop terrace. Absolutely lovely is all I can say. My friends and family had a great time and enjoyed the beautiful views of the city as well as the outstanding service. The wedding was catered by Madison & Vine, which is located downstairs and they did an excellent job with coordination and professionalism. I am very big on client service and of course, with this being my wedding, I was even more anxious about finding a place that provided outstanding service. We had our ceremony and our reception on the rooftop space. My husband and I both loved the place, it was the only place that my hubby liked when we went looking for spaces for our wedding. We also stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. The rooms are clean and the room service is outstanding. I also must say that they entire staff at the hotel was delightful to work with. We will definitely stay there again and are even thinking about booking a room there to celebrate our one year anniversary! It may be a little difficult to find some time alone as my hubby and I are now expecting twins this spring! But we will see;-D

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rebecca W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (759)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
arlington, ma
Reviewed March 9, 2013

As a fairly cranky business traveler, I have been really surprised by the fabulousness of The Library. I have stayed here about 4 times, and it is always a total pleasure. Here is why:
Location: Midtown, close to lots of things
Service: The doorman always has my bag out of the cab before I have even figured out what I am doing with the tip! Super helpful without being obsequious. Lovely guys.
Room: Small but very posh. I won't lie, the rooms are really small. But I have three windows, the decor is extremely nice, the amenities are top drawer, there is an honor bar in the room, it is quiet, the bedding is super nice, free wi-fi, what more could you want?? Plus the library theme is very clever with excellent beautiful graphics.
Extras: There is a sunny (!!!) room on the second floor which hosts a lovely European breakfast (minus the cheeses and hams, more's the pity) as well as a daily wine and appetizer event. Who does this anymore?? Very comfy, elegant, friendly.
Food: Not sure about room service having never used it, but there is a nice little restaurant on the ground floor, a wine bar really, that serves wonderful wines and very good lunches. A little pricey but worth it after a long flight. Nice atmosphere and people watching.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank pilker
Toluca, Mexico
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed at Library Hotel for a family vacation and all I can say is the best hotel I have ever been. The location, the service, the decoration, the cleanliness, the atmosphere, everything is perfect. I will sure visit it again o my next trip to New York.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Javier M
Colorado
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My daughter and I have stayed here twice for our mother/ daughter weekend trips to New York. We like the quiet location that is still within walking distance of almost everything that we were going to see. My daughter loves the book theme and enjoys the rooftop area that is relaxing. The rooms are small but very well done with comfortable beds, and very nice bathrooms. Each room has books for the theme of the room. For our return visit, we were upgraded to a larger room and this was so kind and very much appreciated. Staff is helpful and pleasant. 2nd floor breakfast is included and is a definite advantage. Very much reminds me of some of the boutique style hotels in Europe. My daughter and I walked to our theater shows from here and to Penn Station for our train rides. We always felt safe and the walks were almost always about 20 minutes. We will be back next year for our same mother/ daughter trip and wouldn't think about staying anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank mshtx
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was our very first trip to New York, so that my daughter could attend an NYU campus tour. The hotel is everything described on it's website and more! We stayed in the Deluxe Queen room, and took advantage of the "Book Lovers" promotion. Even before our arrival, their team of concierges offered several ideas for things to see and do during our stay. They also arranged for a car service to pick us up at the airport, and this was well worth the additional cost (over a taxi) in order to be whisked right from the airport to the hotel. Alvin showed us to our 10th floor room, and was very friendly and helpful in answering all our questions! The room itself was very clean and at the end of the hall, with a view of Madison Avenue. The clever use of mirrors made the room seem much larger. The bathroom was super clean and spacious, with great products. I loved that the window in the room opened a bit. We loved the minibar, and the prices were surprisingly reasonable. We had breakfast each morning (included in the room rate) on the 2nd floor, and enjoyed fresh fruit salad, yogurt, bagels, coffee, etc. Everything was well stocked and delicious. The rooftop bar and terrace is also really amazing. We also ordered room service several times, and the food was delivered quickly, and was also delicious. We felt very safe and secure at this hotel, and liked its central location in Manhattan. On the way to the airport at the end of our stay, I realized that I had accidentally left some personal items in the room safe. There was no way we had time to return to the hotel and still make our flight, but one call to Jessica at the front desk, and she had the items retrieved and sent to me via overnight delivery. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who values location, security and cleanliness in a hotel.

Room Tip: We liked the high floor and end room. The Queen Deluxe was perfect size for 2 people.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ilona06
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights and wished we could have stayed for more. Complimentary breakfasts and wine and cheese in the evenings in the reading room were delightful. Customer service was the best I have received from a hotel in NY. Rooftop bar was absolutely fantastic with the greatest cocktail menu I have come across.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anne K
surrey
Reviewed March 1, 2013

my husband and I spent 2 nights in this small delightful hotel. Our room the deluxe double was quite small but it was adequate and the furniture was comfortable and fittings good quality. Having coffee and pastries available all day and the cheese and wine served in the evening was a nice touch. The day we left they stored our luggage until we needed to leave the city and suggested we could help ourselves to the coffee etc.. when we returned to collect our luggage in the afternoon. The staff helped with advice on transport & restaurants (definitely go to the Madison Bistro if you like French food), even small change for the bus!..We will definitely return to enjoy the roof top room and garden in warmer weather.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple