Library Hotel by Library Hotel Collection
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$318
$296
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$170
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$201
$134
  • Restaurant
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$322
$219
$303
$254
  • Pool
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$267
$247
  • Restaurant
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$279
$265
$302
$269
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness center
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$180
$420
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
4,313 results
All reviewsreading roomwine and cheeselibrary themegrand central stationpetite roomdewey decimal systemmadison and vinebook loversrooftop barlove roomnew yorkthe ny public librarybryant parkevery eveningcontinental breakfastbagelsfloor lounge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Loved the hotel and would recommend to anyone. Loved the Reading Room for great breakfast, all day coffee and cakes and excellent cheese and wine every evening. Great place to chill every day after NYC

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Best hotel I've ever stayed in. We booked it because it looked beautiful, warm, welcoming and nothing like all the other clinical corporates nearby! It lived up to all our expectations. Service was friendly and relaxed but everything got done, right. Breakfast was a small but lovely and efficient operation. Hot bagels with cream cheese, heaven! Wine & cheese between 5&8pm is such a nice touch! People don't seen to take advantage so it doesn't ever become happy-houresque... everyone pops in and out for a nibble and some drinks, we got chatting to people whilst there which we wouldn't have otherwise! We stayed on the 5th floor (maths & science) in the dinosaur room. Which was the second smallest size i believe but plenty big enough for a city break! Location is very central so perfect for visitors to NYC as you can walk everywhere from here, or if your feet are tired its right next to grand central station! That said your nicer eateries and shops are down town, Greenwich village & Brooklyn were our favourites to avoid the tourist traps. Hot drinks, biscuits & pastries available 24/7 in the reading room which is so much nicer than the normal in-room rubbish you get with instant coffee and uht milk and nothing to stop you taking your hot drinks up to your room (we did every night)! And don't forget the bar on the 14th floor either, great atmosphere for late drinks. Stay here, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Just couldn't have chosen a more perfect hotel to spend few days Xmas shopping! On arrival greeted by helpful, friendly doorman and receptionist. Shown to our room which was a Junior Suite with king bed which was comfy and quite luxurious. The 2nd floor Reading Room (looks like mini library hence the name)provides 24 hr tea/coffee facilitites with complimentary fruit and pastries is fantastic but better still it also offers complimentary wine and nibbles from 5pm to 8pm. In the evening venture up to the 14th floor to Bookmarks Lounge which is a lovely cosy Manhattan rooftop bar. The on-site restaurant, Madison & Vine Restaurant, serves great food. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION.....definitely this hotel offers you that as it is located near Bryant Park, Grand Central Station and of course the New York Public Library which is definitely worth a visit. Obviously, The Rockefeller Centre is a must visit and go to the Top of the Rock Observation Desk. Then we had lunch in the Rock cafe where the steaks are amazing. We got fabulous table where we were able to watch Santa joining in with the ice skaters who were all in festive mood. As Boutique Hotels go this is in a league of its own. Will definitely be returning and also feel confident recommending....try it!

Room Tip: We chose a Junior Suite which was spacious and overlooked Madison (on the General Knowledge floor). Each floor is dedicated to one of the ten major reading categories....hence the name.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hennessy58
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We chose the Library Hotel from the reviews on this site and were not disappointed. The trip over New Year had originally been booked to celebrate my boyfriend's 40th birthday, but became a double celebration as we recently got engaged. On arrival to our room, we were pleasantly surprised to find a bottle of Proseco waiting for us with a congratulations card - a lovely touch.

The Library Hotel is well placed in midtown Manhattan. Just 10 mins walk from the centre of Times Square (down 42nd Street) or the Empire State Building (straight down 5th Ave). The traffic noise can be a bit of a pain (our room overlooked Madison Ave) but didn't disrupt our sleep.

The front desk was very helpful in booking tours and also providing recommendations for dinner. The staff around for breakfast and afternoon cheese and wine were always friendly, polite and helpful - even recognised us after the second day and asked if we wanted our bagels toasted!

The complimentary evening wine and cheese reception is a great benefit and allows you the time to catch your breathe from a day of sightseeing, before heading out for the evening. The 24-hour complimentary tea/coffee is also very good, especially as in-room tea and coffee is not offered.

We also had dinner at the Madison & Vine restaurant - lovely food and great service.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room to avoid street noise - inevitable in midtown Manhattan. Large corner rooms overlooking the Central Library have great views up and down Madison Avenue.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlisonD838
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I wavered between 4 and 5 stars, but I would have to say that my stay was excellent, but my after experience dropped it to a 4. The Library is a great hotel in NYC. Located near Bryant Park, Grand Central, and of course the NY Public Library. It's a great spot because you can get anywhere else in the city pretty quickly. The hotel itself is really beautiful - the design is great and everything down to the tiniest detail revolves around books. Being a giant book nerd, I was in love. I was upgraded to a little bit of a nicer room, and the room was amazing. I was one away from my favorite type of books - mystery - but I still enjoyed the Fairy Tale room. The room amenities are really nice (except the tv is tiny, so go read a book), the rooms are quiet, and the beds are super comfy.

The staff is amazing as well. Everyone was very helpful and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. They routinely gave me directions, shared warm greetings, and when I came back from the office at 10pm having had no dinner, they made up an amazing fruit and cheese plate for me.

My only issue was after my stay. I left my phone charger behind the bed side table, and immediately noticed the evening after I checked out (as I was in another hotel and charger-less). I called the next morning and spoke to a girl at reception. Though she said she'd look for the charger and get back to me asap..that didn't happen. I never heard from her and had to write an email to the manager. He then called me the next day and said the charger was nowhere to be found. Apparently someone had now checked in (2 days after i left) and the charger was gone. I'm bummed because I feel like this could have been avoided if they hadn't dropped my first request. And I'm assuming someone is selling my charger on ebay..great.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank sarahktsl
LibraryHotel, Director of Sales at Library Hotel by Library Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Sarahktsl,

I’m disappointed to hear your experience with us was tarnished after you had such a wonderful stay. We strive to create a memorable and enjoyable experience at the Library Hotel from the moment you make your reservation to well after you depart. I am truly sorry we were not able to locate your phone charger. On a daily basis we coordinate with guests to reunite them with forgotten shoes, jewelry, laptops, phones and more. Unfortunately in this case the maid who serviced your room after your departure did not find any left behind items. I see you departed Friday and contacted us on Saturday, after a new guest checked into the room. Nothing was left in lost and found and just in case the maid missed it we wanted to wait until the next day for the guest to check-out and inspect the room again which is when we contacted you.

Your call was received by the Front Desk and they followed the proper procedures by checking with housekeeping immediately, however because the room was occupied, our staff had to wait until the next day when the guest checked out to double check. We don’t want to leave anyone waiting and so we should have been more forthcoming that this would take until the next day to to do the job right. I can appreciate that waiting for our reply was frustrating given that you needed this item for your travels. Getting the guest perspective helps remind us how important it is to improve our response time in the future.

I hope you look back on your trip fondly overall. If you or anyone of our future guests has questions regarding or lost and found policies and procedures, or if I may be of service in any other way, I would be delighted to hear from you.

Robert Rawlins