“Petite hotel in great location!”

Library Hotel by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #6 of 467 Hotels in New York City
lilibird
“Petite hotel in great location!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a very small (in every way) hotel that is very centrally located and makes going any where in the city easy. A classic boutique hotel that was beautifully renovated and is very well maintained. Very friendly and helpful staff will assist you with any needs. The rooms are tiny but nicely decorated and very clean. Great breakfast/coffee lounge and beautiful rooftop bar. It's a very quiet, cozy hotel and a nice place to return to after running around the city.

Room Tip: There's not a lot of choice of rooms so you just have to go with how many people will be in the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lilibird

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (771)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Fishkill, New York, United States
Reviewed November 23, 2012

OK, I AM a librarian, so staying here has been on my bucket list since they opened, but am always wary of those marketing those old librarian stereotypes. I'm also from NY, so I have pretty picky standards. To make it "worse", I'm a public servant without extra $ to toss around. This hotel surprised the heck out of me. PERFECT walking location, tasteful and well planned interiors (We booked a petite room, but had more drawer and counter space than rooms I've stayed that we twice as large), a literary theme throughout the entire hotel that was elegantly executed, and amazing service. Do not miss the breakfast, where REAL NYC bagels are served, a wait staff is on the ball, and all is fresh. The evening wine and cheese reception is also very well put together, courteous staff top off prosecco, red and white wine and give you a wonderful pre-dinner experience. Desk staff and bell staff helped us with our purchases, allowing us to take full advantage of shopping. Our room faced 41st and we didn't hear any noise. The room was CLEAN- very well maintained. So glad I finally made it here!! We will return!

Room Tip: Stay on 41st, not Madison side- less car and foot traffic will give you a quiet night. Don't be...
3 Thank Cathy N
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed November 22, 2012

From the moment we booked the Library Hotel, we felt like a valued guest receiving periodic emails, confirming our reservation and looking forward to hosting us.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by exceptionally welcoming and helpful staff. We spent 5 nights at the Library Hotel, celebrating our wedding anniversary.

Our room was immaculately presented, and extremely comfortable, a cute touch was the complimentary bottle of wine and note acknowledging our wedding anniversary.

The Library Hotel's location is central to many things, only a stone's throw from Grand Central Station, Bryant Park, The Public Library and about 10 minutes walk, to the Famous Times Square - a definite must see, both day & night!

Breakfast is included, fresh fruit, pastries, cereal, bagels, juice and real espresso coffee! WiFi (wireless internet access) was available In Room and in the "Reading Room", which also offered complimentary refreshments, and pastries / biscuits / fresh fruit if you were feeling peckish.

We, also had FREE access to a computer and printer, which we used to book and print e-tickets for tours and Broadway Shows.

Turn down service daily, with two little Belgian chocolates, bottled water and the next day's weather report in both Fahrenheit and Celsius for us Aussies ;-)

Absolutely amazing place to stay, it felt like a home away from home! We look forward to visiting New York City again soon! and will definitely be staying at the Library Hotel!

1 Thank Dr_Heisenberg
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Library Hotel at the beginning of November 2012 for two weeks. I was in New York to work and carefully researched the multitude of midtown hotels. I wanted something not too big, neat, clean, and a hotel which had never had a report of bed bugs - a description which this hotel, thankfully, meets. But it was the connection to books, the Library and the Dewey Decimal System which really won me over before I got there.
The hotel lived up to my expectations and beyond. The staff couldn't do enough for their guests - they were so friendly, helped me out with running routes, subway directions, brought me extra hangers, Jessica in particular went out of her way to research and provide me with a full list of shows, jazz clubs and other neat things to do about town, and the breakfast and evening wine and cheese staff were also lovely - they were very kind and thanked me on my last morning.
Breakfasts were nice and the evening wine and cheese a warm, comfortable way to wind down after a day of work before going out to dinner.
Definitely the best place to stay in New York, as far as I'm concerned!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We decided to spend a little more on our New York stay, and it was well worth the money.
The Library hotel is just as nice in reality as it is in the pictures, and expecting a tiny room I was pleasantly surpised by the size of our deluxe room.
The staff of the hotel were exeptional, they were very kind and welcoming, and couldn't do enough to help you with whatever questions you might have.
But the thing that really indicates that this is a first class hotel was the fact that when Sandy hit New York and we had to extend our stay, while 1 star hotels suddenly charged $1000 for a night, we kept paying the pre-paid rate we got when booking our stay.
I won't even think about another hotel for my next New York visit!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank talebo
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We enjoyed our 5 night stay at this hotel in early November. Our double room overlooked 41st St at Madison Ave. and included a well-stocked full bathroom, room safe, desk with several drawers for storing our clothes, a nice -sized closet with an umbrella, bathrobe and slippers for 2. The room was clean and turn down service came daily - with a nice little chocolate.

Breakfast is included and there are lots of cereals, fruit salad, yoghurts, sweet rolls, juices, teas and coffee, as well as hard-boiled eggs. Staff are happy to make toast or heat a bagel. We enjoyed afternoon wine and cheese on several days and it is a good spot to read the daily NY Times which is available every morning.

I can't say enough about the location - Grand Central Terminal is less than 2 blocks away and with it the subway. Times Square is a 10 -12 minute walk. Within 2 city blocks there are a whole range of eateries at every price point - from sandwich shops on Madison to Benjamin's Steakhouse across the street to the Food Court at Grand Central with its huge variety of ethnic foods and meals.

If you have particular needs like getting tickets for a show or shopping the desk staff were only too happy to help and make arrangements, or give directions. We will certainly return on our next visit to NYC unless I win the lottery and can afford to buy a condo or coop on Park Avenue!

Room Tip: If you like books go to the Hotel web site which shows the theme of each floor and room. Select you...
1 Thank allyurwishes
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Enjoyed my stay here at the Library hotel, Its in a good location, easy to get a cab outside, very nice buffet breakfast, the only downside was the room size, it was tiny, even though I had upgraded the room and paid extra - they either forgot to upgrade me or the rooms really are small, anyway its New York so you won't be in the room for long anyway, so don't let that put you off.

Room Tip: Be careful of the welcome chocolate on your pillow, I didn't spot it until the next morning... l...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple