All reviewsbreakfast attendanthallways are narrowsingle roomwindow unitfree breakfaststay there againyogurtchest of drawersper nightconvenient locationbed was comfortablegrand central stationtimes squaremanhattanblocksubwaystarbucks
Reviewed October 28, 2016

Very convenient location. Priced well. Great city! Close to Times Square, Broadway, restaurants and many tours & attractions. Great staff! Thanks to Yuri for great service and management for assistance.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2016

Comfortable hotel, good location and fine breakfast. Clean room, (if small) but furnishings are worn and should be replaced. Staff pleasant and helpful. Room prices are less outrageous than other hotels in the area. This is New York City in September after all.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2016

My husband and I stayed for two night's. The room was super small but we did not expect it to be big. We did not spend much time in it anyway. Just don't bring a lot of luggage lol. There is a really nice bar right next door that we highly recommend! We had a great time in the city. I also recommend doing the hop on hop off city tour with the ferry ride to see the statue of liberty.It is money well spent!! All in all this hotel was adequate for what wee needed. The reason for the three stars is because one night we did not have any hot water and when i called the front desk the man said he would look into it and call me back. 30 min later no call so i called again. He had no idea why there was no hot water and said there was nothing he could do about it till morning. After being in a dirty city and walking around all day, you want a hot shower! He did not even ask if we needed a bucket of hot water to wash up,baby wipes or anything.

Room Tip: Don't bring a lot of luggage!
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2016

This hotel is being used by the city to house the homeless. Unless you want to spend your vacation in an authentic homeless shelter, avoid this place. This is a great location, there are many nicer options close by

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank dtm680
Reviewed July 23, 2016

I live on Long Island and have an office in the city, but for a three day work assignment at one of the local hospitals they pick up my expenses so keep in mind I did not actually pay the bill. Having said that using my AAA discount and the Choice Hotels website the rate I got ($179) seemed pretty decent for the location. Yeah, my room (single bed) was tiny, but the A/C worked great and I thought the bathroom was fine although also tiny. If you have a lot of baggage or stuff the room I got would be way too small with inadequate storage. Since I live nearby, I rarely stay in NYC so I am less qualified to know what else is out there, but unless you want to pay double, small rooms are generally the norm.

Having said that, besides getting my Choice rewards points, the staff was friendly and the breakfast (which included hot foot) was much better than the "continental breakfast" the front desk had me expecting. The A/C unit worked well (maybe too well) and the staff did intervene when I had a noise issue (the people in the room across the hall seemed to have fallen asleep with their TV on loudly).
WIth a 2nd floor room the stairs were close by and very convenient (the elevator is also pretty tiny, no surprise there). Its all tiny, actually. The hallway is barely wide enough for two.

I would stay there again under similar circumstances.

Room Tip: my room was away from Park Ave, I heard no outside noise, which is an NYC nicety.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled on business