All reviewsbreakfast attendanthallways are narrowsingle roomwindow unitfree breakfaststay there againyogurtchest of drawersper nightconvenient locationcomfy bedgrand central stationtimes squaremanhattanblocksubwaystarbucks
Reviewed August 23, 2016

This hotel is being used by the city to house the homeless. Unless you want to spend your vacation in an authentic homeless shelter, avoid this place. This is a great location, there are many nicer options close by

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank dtm680
Reviewed July 23, 2016

I live on Long Island and have an office in the city, but for a three day work assignment at one of the local hospitals they pick up my expenses so keep in mind I did not actually pay the bill. Having said that using my AAA discount and the Choice Hotels website the rate I got ($179) seemed pretty decent for the location. Yeah, my room (single bed) was tiny, but the A/C worked great and I thought the bathroom was fine although also tiny. If you have a lot of baggage or stuff the room I got would be way too small with inadequate storage. Since I live nearby, I rarely stay in NYC so I am less qualified to know what else is out there, but unless you want to pay double, small rooms are generally the norm.

Having said that, besides getting my Choice rewards points, the staff was friendly and the breakfast (which included hot foot) was much better than the "continental breakfast" the front desk had me expecting. The A/C unit worked well (maybe too well) and the staff did intervene when I had a noise issue (the people in the room across the hall seemed to have fallen asleep with their TV on loudly).
WIth a 2nd floor room the stairs were close by and very convenient (the elevator is also pretty tiny, no surprise there). Its all tiny, actually. The hallway is barely wide enough for two.

I would stay there again under similar circumstances.

Room Tip: my room was away from Park Ave, I heard no outside noise, which is an NYC nicety.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2016 via mobile

The location is awesome, there's subway really close and you are at a walking distance to many attractions. The hotel itself is below the average. You can be much better accommodated with just a few dollars more. The rooms are really small, the shower is really tiny and everything is old. The staff was friendly, but I don't think it's a good choice.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed July 17, 2016 via mobile

Best service I've ever received at a hotel. Staff was incredibly attentive, listened, and resolved any and every issue I had. Breakfast was very tasty and clean, and the breakfast attendant was extremely courteous and polite. Pedro at the front desk was especially helpful and went very far out of his way several times to make sure I had an amazing stay. Five stars service!!

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2016 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Staff so friendly couldn't have helped us anymore. Room was small but my friends are a good size but this is to be expected in NYC. Had a great bar next door called Desmond's make sure you visit :) close to everything and a very good price will def be back

Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends